Action against Sarna brothers imminent: Akal Takht
Patiala: The Akal Takht on Wednesday said action against Delhi SAD chief Paramjeet Singh Sarna and his brother Harvinder is imminent for allegedly creating hurdles in the construction of a memorial in the national capital in the memory of the Sikhs killed in the 1984 riots.
Jathedar of the supreme temporal seat of the Sikhs, Gyani Gurbachan Singh, said a decision in this regard will soon be taken in a meeting of the head priests of the five Takhts.
"Delhi Sikh Gurdwara Management Committee (DSGMC) wants to build a memorial of the Sikhs killed in the 1984 riots but these Sarna brothers are creating hurdles in its construction. Action against them would be definitely taken," he told PTI over phone.
Singh said a meeting of all jathedars to decide on the issue would be convened very soon.
Shiromani Akali Dal (Badal) had earlier urged the Akal Takhat to take action against Sarna brothers. SAD general secretary Avtar Singh Hit, senior vice president Onkar Singh Thapar and joint secretary Kuldeep Singh Bhogal had written to Singh, seeking his intervention.
Meanwhile, radical Sikh outfit Dal Khalsa has appreciated the efforts of DSGMC for starting the process to build the memorial in Gurdwara Rakab Ganj Sahib Complex in Delhi.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'Raped woman' remark: IOA contemplating to drop Salman Khan as goodwill ambassador for Rio Games?
- Woman files FIR against Delhi MLA Dinesh Mohaniya for misbehaviour; AAP leader rejects charge
- Jacqueline Fernandez is a mini mouse in disguise; see who gave her company!
- Army jawans rescue girl climber trapped in a Uttarkashi glacier - Watch daring video
- What Brexit could mean for India and its markets