Action against Sarna brothers imminent: Akal Takht
Patiala: The Akal Takht on Wednesday said action against Delhi SAD chief Paramjeet Singh Sarna and his brother Harvinder is imminent for allegedly creating hurdles in the construction of a memorial in the national capital in the memory of the Sikhs killed in the 1984 riots.
Jathedar of the supreme temporal seat of the Sikhs, Gyani Gurbachan Singh, said a decision in this regard will soon be taken in a meeting of the head priests of the five Takhts.
"Delhi Sikh Gurdwara Management Committee (DSGMC) wants to build a memorial of the Sikhs killed in the 1984 riots but these Sarna brothers are creating hurdles in its construction. Action against them would be definitely taken," he told PTI over phone.
Singh said a meeting of all jathedars to decide on the issue would be convened very soon.
Shiromani Akali Dal (Badal) had earlier urged the Akal Takhat to take action against Sarna brothers. SAD general secretary Avtar Singh Hit, senior vice president Onkar Singh Thapar and joint secretary Kuldeep Singh Bhogal had written to Singh, seeking his intervention.
Meanwhile, radical Sikh outfit Dal Khalsa has appreciated the efforts of DSGMC for starting the process to build the memorial in Gurdwara Rakab Ganj Sahib Complex in Delhi.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sunanda Pushkar murder case: Police may approach court seeking lie detector test on Shashi Tharoor
- Check JEE (Main) 2015 rank on www.jeemain.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in
- Jawaharlal Nehru's Wikipedia page edited from govt IP address; Congress seeks PM Modi's reply
- No liberal approach, mediation or compromise in rape cases: Supreme Court
- Delhi court restrains release of controversial movie 'Mohalla Assi'