`Action on cops in stripping case after probe`
New Delhi: Action against police personnel who allegedly forced a 30-year-old woman to strip at a west Delhi police post in the presence of her son would be taken only after an inquiry, an official said on Thursday.
"The accused police officials are reporting on duty. Any action will be taken only after the inquiry is over. We are expecting the inquiry to be over within a day or two," Deputy Commissioner of Police (DCP), west Delhi, Sharad Aggarwal told a news agency.
The woman, a resident of Mayapuri slum area, alleged that she was forced to strip by the cops in front of her 12-year-old son whom they accused of stealing money from a car.
According to Aggarwal, the incident took place May 21.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Nine Filipino militants may face death in Malaysia: lawyer
- CBSE adopts moderation policy in granting marks in Class XII exam: Govt
- Viral video: Girl performs a sizzling hot sexy dance and suddenly door opens - Know what happens next
- Ties will be hit if cleric is not extradited, Turkey warns US
- Dalit youth dies in police raid in Surat, locals allege murder