`Action on cops in stripping case after probe`
New Delhi: Action against police personnel who allegedly forced a 30-year-old woman to strip at a west Delhi police post in the presence of her son would be taken only after an inquiry, an official said on Thursday.
"The accused police officials are reporting on duty. Any action will be taken only after the inquiry is over. We are expecting the inquiry to be over within a day or two," Deputy Commissioner of Police (DCP), west Delhi, Sharad Aggarwal told a news agency.
The woman, a resident of Mayapuri slum area, alleged that she was forced to strip by the cops in front of her 12-year-old son whom they accused of stealing money from a car.
According to Aggarwal, the incident took place May 21.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Is Corporate Social Responsibility nothing but a marketing gimmick?
- Journalist covering Vyapam scam dies in Madhya Pradesh
- Vyapam Scam: IMA president Sudhir Tiwari fears life threat
- Vyapam Scam: Mystery over journalist Akshay Singh's death continues
- The inside story of IC-814 hijacking
- Vyapam scam: MP medical college dean found dead in hotel, body sent for post-mortem
- Vyapam scam: Last rites of journalist Akshay Singh performed; MP CM assures of SIT probe
- Photographer captures International Space Station flying across moon
- Akshay Singh's death case: MP CM assures fair probe, lambasts Oppn over Vyapam scam
- Chile stun Argentina to win first Copa America crown