`Action on cops in stripping case after probe`
New Delhi: Action against police personnel who allegedly forced a 30-year-old woman to strip at a west Delhi police post in the presence of her son would be taken only after an inquiry, an official said on Thursday.
"The accused police officials are reporting on duty. Any action will be taken only after the inquiry is over. We are expecting the inquiry to be over within a day or two," Deputy Commissioner of Police (DCP), west Delhi, Sharad Aggarwal told a news agency.
The woman, a resident of Mayapuri slum area, alleged that she was forced to strip by the cops in front of her 12-year-old son whom they accused of stealing money from a car.
According to Aggarwal, the incident took place May 21.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Discussion over BJP's enormous victory in Maharashtra civic polls
- UP polls: Top 5 highlights of PM Modi's speech in Bahraich
- NASA discovers seven Earth-like planets orbiting a single star
- Is Samajwadi Party-Congress alliance just a compulsion for Akhilesh Yadav?
- BMC election results 2017: Shiv Sena ahead as single largest party
- Reliance Jio Vs Airtel free data plan: A comparison
- BMC election 2017 results: As it happened
- Maharashtra Civic Poll Results 2017: As it happened on Thursday
- WATCH: When Matthew Renshaw left everybody surprised by 'retiring ill' on Day 1 of India-England Test
- World's heaviest woman loses 50 kilos in just 12 days