`Action on cops in stripping case after probe`
New Delhi: Action against police personnel who allegedly forced a 30-year-old woman to strip at a west Delhi police post in the presence of her son would be taken only after an inquiry, an official said on Thursday.
"The accused police officials are reporting on duty. Any action will be taken only after the inquiry is over. We are expecting the inquiry to be over within a day or two," Deputy Commissioner of Police (DCP), west Delhi, Sharad Aggarwal told a news agency.
The woman, a resident of Mayapuri slum area, alleged that she was forced to strip by the cops in front of her 12-year-old son whom they accused of stealing money from a car.
According to Aggarwal, the incident took place May 21.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Revealed - How Indian Army hit terror camps across LoC!
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- India used 'Cartosat 2c' satellite in surgical strikes against Pakistan
- Panel discussion on Hafiz Saeed's reaction after Indian Army surgical strikes
- DNA: Inside story of Indian Army's surgical strikes across LoC
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- After threatening Zee News, Hafiz Saeed says PM Modi, Ajit Doval staged `surgical strike drama'
- India's surgical strikes: Pakistan buries slain terrorists to hide evidence, asks Masood Azhar to go mum
- Who is Chandu Babulal Chauhan and why India wants to bring him back from Pakistan - Read