`Action on cops in stripping case after probe`
New Delhi: Action against police personnel who allegedly forced a 30-year-old woman to strip at a west Delhi police post in the presence of her son would be taken only after an inquiry, an official said on Thursday.
"The accused police officials are reporting on duty. Any action will be taken only after the inquiry is over. We are expecting the inquiry to be over within a day or two," Deputy Commissioner of Police (DCP), west Delhi, Sharad Aggarwal told a news agency.
The woman, a resident of Mayapuri slum area, alleged that she was forced to strip by the cops in front of her 12-year-old son whom they accused of stealing money from a car.
According to Aggarwal, the incident took place May 21.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Mother beats her infant son in Bareilly, tries to strangulate him
- Women can enter inner sanctorum of Haji Ali Dargah: Mumbai HC
- Watch: PM Modi's speech on Transforming India at NITI Aayog
- Mysterious fever claims 12 lives in Noida within 15 days
- Panel discussion on Mumbai HC allowing women to enter Haji Ali Dargah