After foggy Monday, flight ops normal at IGI today
New Delhi: After remaining disrupted due
to fog, flight operations at the IGI Airport were Tuesday normal
with no diversions or cancellations.
Though there was fog at the airport and runway
visibility was low, flight operations remained unaffected, an
airport official said.
There were no cancellations or diversions.Though there
were some delays, they were mainly due to operational reasons
like poor weather conditions at the destination, he said
Delhi airport has been witnessing dense fog since
Last night, dense fog enveloped the new runway of
the airport, while there was shallow fog on the main and
second runways. This led to implementation of low visibility
procedures (LVP) at the new runway around 10 PM and flights
operated using CAT III instrument landing system while on the
other CAT I was used.
The LVP was lifted around 7.56 AM and normal
operations are going on, the official said.
About 300 flights have been affected due to fog in the
past three days.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Complete analysis of APJ Abdul Kalam's life and achievements
- 6 leaders were in contact with Dawood Ibrahim till 26/11: Report
- Rameswaram waits to give final salute to Dr Abdul Kalam
- Last rites of Gurdaspur attack martyr Baljit Singh in Kapurthala
- SC order on Yakub Memon huge disappointment, setback: Owaisi
- When UN declared Dr APJ Abdul Kalam's 79th birthday as World Students' Day
- Ready to see Shah Rukh-Salman together on-screen?
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral: Why Rameswaram was chosen over New Delhi?
- SC refuses stay on Yakub Memon's hanging: As it happened
- New SC bench to hear 1993 Mumbai bomb blasts convict Yakub Memon's plea on Wednesday