After foggy Monday, flight ops normal at IGI today
New Delhi: After remaining disrupted due
to fog, flight operations at the IGI Airport were Tuesday normal
with no diversions or cancellations.
Though there was fog at the airport and runway
visibility was low, flight operations remained unaffected, an
airport official said.
There were no cancellations or diversions.Though there
were some delays, they were mainly due to operational reasons
like poor weather conditions at the destination, he said
Delhi airport has been witnessing dense fog since
Last night, dense fog enveloped the new runway of
the airport, while there was shallow fog on the main and
second runways. This led to implementation of low visibility
procedures (LVP) at the new runway around 10 PM and flights
operated using CAT III instrument landing system while on the
other CAT I was used.
The LVP was lifted around 7.56 AM and normal
operations are going on, the official said.
About 300 flights have been affected due to fog in the
past three days.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Delhi Police arrests AAP MLA in the middle of press conference
- Pak grants 91-year-old Indian's last wish - a trip to his ‘ancestral home’
- Bihar: Acid attack on girl in Aurangabad district, victim critical
- MP: Dalit families migrating from village due to hooligans
- Is there any political clash between Akhilesh Yadav and Shivpal Yadav?
- Barack Obama designates first US LGBT national monument
- DECODED: How 'Brexit' threatens to undermine U.S.-Britain special relationship
- Rajiv Gandhi's assassination: Yet to take decision on premature release of Nalini, Tamil Nadu tells Madras HC
- Geeta wants to undertake a train journey to search her parents
- Magnitude 5.5 quake hits near Chile's copper mining area, says USGS