After foggy Monday, flight ops normal at IGI today
New Delhi: After remaining disrupted due
to fog, flight operations at the IGI Airport were Tuesday normal
with no diversions or cancellations.
Though there was fog at the airport and runway
visibility was low, flight operations remained unaffected, an
airport official said.
There were no cancellations or diversions.Though there
were some delays, they were mainly due to operational reasons
like poor weather conditions at the destination, he said
Delhi airport has been witnessing dense fog since
Last night, dense fog enveloped the new runway of
the airport, while there was shallow fog on the main and
second runways. This led to implementation of low visibility
procedures (LVP) at the new runway around 10 PM and flights
operated using CAT III instrument landing system while on the
other CAT I was used.
The LVP was lifted around 7.56 AM and normal
operations are going on, the official said.
About 300 flights have been affected due to fog in the
past three days.
- Bhagat Singh's name termed as terrorist to be removed from DU textbook
- Ludhiana: Protest against DU for calling Bhagat Singh as terrorist in textbook
- Delhi: INTUC workers protest outside Subramanian Swamy's residence
- Special CBI court accuses Naveen Jindal for criminal conspiracy in coal scam
- Gujarat announces 10% reservation for economically backward class
- UN Security Council readies North Korea missile test reply
- US Vice President Joe Biden on surprise visit to Iraq
- Panama papers scandal: Russia to join global fight against tax evasion
- 7.0-magnitude earthquake hits Vanuatu, tsunami warning issued: USGS
- US 'deeply concerned' over new China controls on foreign NGOs