After foggy Monday, flight ops normal at IGI today
New Delhi: After remaining disrupted due
to fog, flight operations at the IGI Airport were Tuesday normal
with no diversions or cancellations.
Though there was fog at the airport and runway
visibility was low, flight operations remained unaffected, an
airport official said.
There were no cancellations or diversions.Though there
were some delays, they were mainly due to operational reasons
like poor weather conditions at the destination, he said
Delhi airport has been witnessing dense fog since
Last night, dense fog enveloped the new runway of
the airport, while there was shallow fog on the main and
second runways. This led to implementation of low visibility
procedures (LVP) at the new runway around 10 PM and flights
operated using CAT III instrument landing system while on the
other CAT I was used.
The LVP was lifted around 7.56 AM and normal
operations are going on, the official said.
About 300 flights have been affected due to fog in the
past three days.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- What Muslims think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad barred from flying after his assault on AI staffer
- Air India lodges FIR against Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad for assaulting staffer
- What Hindu saints think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Yogi Adityanath to visit Gorakhpur for first time today after becoming UP CM
- Hukumdev Narain Yadav to be new Vice-President of India?
- WATCH: Skipper Virat Kohli carries drinks for Team India
- Mulayam Singh Yadav's son Prateek, his daughter-in-law Aparna meet UP CM Yogi Adityanath - Know why
- Yogi Adityanath meets gang-rape survivor, who was forced to drink acid, at Lucknow hospital; two arrested
- Mohammad Kaif takes a subtle dig at Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad after he hit Air India official with slippers