After foggy Monday, flight ops normal at IGI today
New Delhi: After remaining disrupted due
to fog, flight operations at the IGI Airport were Tuesday normal
with no diversions or cancellations.
Though there was fog at the airport and runway
visibility was low, flight operations remained unaffected, an
airport official said.
There were no cancellations or diversions.Though there
were some delays, they were mainly due to operational reasons
like poor weather conditions at the destination, he said
Delhi airport has been witnessing dense fog since
Last night, dense fog enveloped the new runway of
the airport, while there was shallow fog on the main and
second runways. This led to implementation of low visibility
procedures (LVP) at the new runway around 10 PM and flights
operated using CAT III instrument landing system while on the
other CAT I was used.
The LVP was lifted around 7.56 AM and normal
operations are going on, the official said.
About 300 flights have been affected due to fog in the
past three days.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Revealed - How Indian Army hit terror camps across LoC!
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- Is it time for India to respond militarily to Pak terror instead of peace talks?
- Panel discussion on Hafiz Saeed's reaction after Indian Army surgical strikes
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- After threatening Zee News, Hafiz Saeed says PM Modi, Ajit Doval staged `surgical strike drama'
- India's surgical strikes: Pakistan buries slain terrorists to hide evidence, asks Masood Azhar to go mum
- Who is Chandu Babulal Chauhan and why India wants to bring him back from Pakistan - Read