After FYUP row, new session to begin tomorrow in DU colleges
New Delhi: After the ambitious Four Year Undergraduate programme (FYUP) became a history for the Delhi University, the chaos and confusion over the course seems to have settled down as the new academic session is all set to begin tomorrow.
Various colleges affiliated to the varsity have initated orientation programmes for freshers in order to adapt them to the new courses without any hassles.
"We have admitted over 800 students in various courses and we are conducting an orientation programme on Sunday for the freshers where in they will be briefed about their course, the time tables and the rules and regulations. Regular classes will begin from July 21," Principal of Sri Ram College of Commerce, S K Jain said.
"Our time tables and orientation details have already been posted on our website and the appointment of ad-hoc teachers is underway. After the chaos has ended, we are optimistic of a smooth flow of the academic session," Principal, Miranda House, Pratibha Jolly said.
"The FYUP deadlock did lead to chaos and uncertainty for students, parents as well as the faculty. But now that it has ended and the university has been determined to stick to the schedule, the session is going to commence without any hassles," President Principal`s Association and Principal, Deen Dayal Upadhyay College, S K Garg said.
However, the varsity`s attempt to rush the proceedings to ensure the commencement of the academic session as per schedule invited criticism from various quarters including Delhi University`s Teachers Association (DUTA).
"After sleeping over the restructuring of courses for the 2013 FYUP batch since the `rollback` announced by him on 27th June, the VC finally called a meeting of the Academic Council to finalise courses just two days before the new session," DUTA President Nandita Narain said.
Following the controversy, fresh admissions to Delhi University for the 2014-15 academic session under the three-year course commenced from July 2, a week behind the schedule.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Jamaat-e-Islami chief announces Rs 100 cr reward for PM Modi's arrest
- DNA: Captain Saurabh Kalia's torture at the hands of Pakistani Army
- India's second deadliest heatwave kills more than 2000 people
- DNA: Govt tests Maggi noodle samples from all states
- Zee Media exclusive interview with victim of Uber molestation
- Assam Board (seba.net.in & resultsassam.nic.in): SEBA HSLC / AHM class 10th Results 2015 to be announced today
- Anti-minority remarks by Sangh Parivar leaders 'uncalled for': Narendra Modi
- Was asked to call Sunanda Pushkar’s death `natural`: AIIMS doctor
- From being the ‘Dabangg’ girl to ‘Akira’ - Sonakshi Sinha’s journey so far
- China ship carrying 458 on board sinks in Yangtze River: Five dead, hundreds missing