Air, rail and road traffic disrupted as dense fog envelops Delhi
New Delhi: A heavy blanket of fog enveloped the national capital on Thursday morning, hitting air, rail and road services badly.
According to the MeT department, the general visibility at the Indira Gandhi International Airport dropped to below 50 metre and because of poor visibility operations of more than dozen of flights were affected.
Train services were also affected due to fog.
Road traffic was equally chaotic as the motorists tried to navigate through the dense fog.
North India usually witnesses early morning fog every winter when night temperatures often dip below five degrees Celsius.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Sad reality behind the shutting down of the historic Gita Press
- Sonakshi Sinha apologises to Sarabjit, accused in Tilak Nagar case
- Twists and turns: Possible theories about Sheena Bora's murder
- DNA: With new facts emerging, Sheena Bora's murder mystery further deepens
- Sheena Bora murder: Mikhail to be brought to Mumbai for questioning
- Shocking update in Sheena Bora case: Indrani Mukerjea was sexually molested by her father?
- Sheena Bora was introduced to me as aunt: Indrani Mukerjea-Sanjeev Khanna's daughter Vidhie
- Indrani's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna confesses to police he was involved in Sheena's murder
- A peek into Indrani Mukerjea's past
- Sheena Bora murder case: When Indrani Mukerjea broke down during questioning