Air, rail and road traffic disrupted as dense fog envelops Delhi
New Delhi: A heavy blanket of fog enveloped the national capital on Thursday morning, hitting air, rail and road services badly.
According to the MeT department, the general visibility at the Indira Gandhi International Airport dropped to below 50 metre and because of poor visibility operations of more than dozen of flights were affected.
Train services were also affected due to fog.
Road traffic was equally chaotic as the motorists tried to navigate through the dense fog.
North India usually witnesses early morning fog every winter when night temperatures often dip below five degrees Celsius.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Why did you choose Smriti Irani as HRD minister? Congress leader asks PM Narendra Modi
- Watch video: The epic battle between 'Machli' tigress and a 14-foot-long crocodile!
- Rajnath slams UPA for coining 'Hindu terrorists', Congress accuses BJP of playing politics on terror
- India, Bangladesh swap border enclaves, settle historic dispute; people rejoice
- 'Remembering Dr APJ Abdul Kalam' - President Pranab Mukherjee's photo tribute on Twitter