Airport Metro introduces 30-trip card
New Delhi: Delhi Airport Express Metro on Friday launched a new 30-trip monthly pass for commuters which will reduce the fare by around 33 per cent compared to the single journey fare.
The new 30-trip monthly passes would cost between Rs 400 and Rs 2,000 for 30 trips, depending upon boarding and alighting stations of the passenger.
The 30-day trip pass has been launched following complaints from commuters against the 45-day and 60-day passes.
"We had received feedback from commuters who were worried about trips getting wasted at the end of the month due to holidays, weekly-offs, vacations. So, we thought of the 30- trip monthly pass as a tool to counter all such worries," a Delhi Airport Metro Express Pvt Ltd (DAMEPL) spokesperson said.
"The new 30 trip monthly pass would cost between Rs 400 to Rs 2000 for 30 trips, depending upon boarding and alighting stations of the passenger. Commuters can not only save on their overall monthly expense, but also minimise their trips wastage," he said.
Apart from single journey tickets, DAMEPL offers various smart card options like stored value card and monthly passes for its valued customers.
Till date, monthly passes were available in the denominations of 45 trips and 60 trips. While a 45-trip pass costs between Rs 500 and Rs 2,500, a 60-trip pass is priced between Rs 600 to Rs 3000.
"Residents of Gurgaon, Mahipalpur, Vasant Kunj can use the metro to travel to and from New Delhi railway station from Aerocity Station in about 16 minutes," the spokesperson said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- IND vs ENG, 2nd ODI: Yuvraj Singh silences critics with 14th ODI hundred, fourth against England — WATCH
- Jallikattu protests continue in Tamil Nadu, sea of protesters camp on Marina beach