Airport Metro introduces 30-trip card
New Delhi: Delhi Airport Express Metro on Friday launched a new 30-trip monthly pass for commuters which will reduce the fare by around 33 per cent compared to the single journey fare.
The new 30-trip monthly passes would cost between Rs 400 and Rs 2,000 for 30 trips, depending upon boarding and alighting stations of the passenger.
The 30-day trip pass has been launched following complaints from commuters against the 45-day and 60-day passes.
"We had received feedback from commuters who were worried about trips getting wasted at the end of the month due to holidays, weekly-offs, vacations. So, we thought of the 30- trip monthly pass as a tool to counter all such worries," a Delhi Airport Metro Express Pvt Ltd (DAMEPL) spokesperson said.
"The new 30 trip monthly pass would cost between Rs 400 to Rs 2000 for 30 trips, depending upon boarding and alighting stations of the passenger. Commuters can not only save on their overall monthly expense, but also minimise their trips wastage," he said.
Apart from single journey tickets, DAMEPL offers various smart card options like stored value card and monthly passes for its valued customers.
Till date, monthly passes were available in the denominations of 45 trips and 60 trips. While a 45-trip pass costs between Rs 500 and Rs 2,500, a 60-trip pass is priced between Rs 600 to Rs 3000.
"Residents of Gurgaon, Mahipalpur, Vasant Kunj can use the metro to travel to and from New Delhi railway station from Aerocity Station in about 16 minutes," the spokesperson said.
- DNA: Big media house's back door deals with scandal and scam kingpins
- DNA: Why USA's private space companies are afraid of India
- DNA: 7-year-old girl from Bandipora praises Indian Army; shames people running Kashmir agenda
- DNA: Today in History | April 28, 2016
- Bhagat Singh's name termed as terrorist to be removed from DU textbook
- Indian Premier League: Rohit Sharma, Kieron Pollard keep Mumbai Indians in hunt for third title
- Watch: NASA's Curiosity Mars rover crosses rugged plateau!
- IPL 2016: Usman Khawaja comes in for injured Faf du Plessis for Rising Pune Sunrisers
- Tragic! Girl cracks IIT-JEE but kills herself as she didn’t want to be engineer
- Roger Federer signs up for Madrid Masters