Airport Metro introduces 30-trip card
New Delhi: Delhi Airport Express Metro on Friday launched a new 30-trip monthly pass for commuters which will reduce the fare by around 33 per cent compared to the single journey fare.
The new 30-trip monthly passes would cost between Rs 400 and Rs 2,000 for 30 trips, depending upon boarding and alighting stations of the passenger.
The 30-day trip pass has been launched following complaints from commuters against the 45-day and 60-day passes.
"We had received feedback from commuters who were worried about trips getting wasted at the end of the month due to holidays, weekly-offs, vacations. So, we thought of the 30- trip monthly pass as a tool to counter all such worries," a Delhi Airport Metro Express Pvt Ltd (DAMEPL) spokesperson said.
"The new 30 trip monthly pass would cost between Rs 400 to Rs 2000 for 30 trips, depending upon boarding and alighting stations of the passenger. Commuters can not only save on their overall monthly expense, but also minimise their trips wastage," he said.
Apart from single journey tickets, DAMEPL offers various smart card options like stored value card and monthly passes for its valued customers.
Till date, monthly passes were available in the denominations of 45 trips and 60 trips. While a 45-trip pass costs between Rs 500 and Rs 2,500, a 60-trip pass is priced between Rs 600 to Rs 3000.
"Residents of Gurgaon, Mahipalpur, Vasant Kunj can use the metro to travel to and from New Delhi railway station from Aerocity Station in about 16 minutes," the spokesperson said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Over 60 cadets killed in Pakistan police academy attack
- DNA: Exclusive report on the extreme sacrifices made by ITBP soldiers
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi's ''progressive'' remark on triple talaq
- I pay my tribute to martyr Naresh Pal: PM Narendra Modi
- Some people are creating confusion between me and my father: Akhilesh Yadav
- Explosion in Delhi's Naya Bazar, one killed; anti-terror wing, Special cell at spot
- This is why Cyrus Mistry was removed as Chairman of Tata Sons!
- WATCH: Akhilesh Yadav's emotional speech revealing the real reason behind Samajwadi Party crisis; he was about to cry
- Prompt action on border pushes Pak to offer olive branch, says both sides need to 'formalise' 2003 ceasefire
- 7th Pay Commission: Committee on Allowances proposes hike in HRA for central govt employees