Another accused arrested in Lajpat Nagar heist arrested: Police
New Delhi: An accused, in the sensational daylight heist in which around Rs 8 crore were looted in south Delhi`s busy Lajpat Nagar area on January 28, was on Monday arrested by the police.
Ajay, who was one of the mastermind of the loot, was arrested this morning, police said.
He is a relative of the juvenile, who had scripted the entire loot. The juvenile has already been detained in the case, while three henchmen were arrested in the case from Chandigarh.
The juvenile, who worked for businessman Rajesh Kalra, had confined to Ajay that his boss deals in large amount of cash and they can rob him to get rich. Ajay had then roped in Shakti Naidu, a seasoned criminal to execute the heist who further constituted the gang for the robbery.
However, Shakti and several others are still at large.
Police have recovered part of the looted amount which is in crores from several places at their instance. However, the exact amount is yet to be ascertained.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Prashant Bhushan questions Arvind Kejriwal on Lokpal through press conference
- PM Modi addresses the nation during Maan Ki baat
- Delhi police arrests BSF personnel, ISI operative for espionage
- Exclusive: Prakash Javadekar's views on issue of climate change before UN summit
- Kerala's Sunni religious leader calls gender equality ‘un-Islamic’
- Women fit only to deliver children, gender equality un-islamic: Kerala Muslim leader
- Russia strikes down Goa, India from its safe travel destinations list
- Intolerance issue: Aamir Khan's remarks 'innocent', says Rajkumar Hirani
- Arvind Kejriwal backs Tarun Gogoi's claim over Guv favouring BJP, suspects 'coop federalism'
- PM Modi leaves for Paris to take part in Climate Conference