Another accused arrested in Lajpat Nagar heist arrested: Police
New Delhi: An accused, in the sensational daylight heist in which around Rs 8 crore were looted in south Delhi`s busy Lajpat Nagar area on January 28, was on Monday arrested by the police.
Ajay, who was one of the mastermind of the loot, was arrested this morning, police said.
He is a relative of the juvenile, who had scripted the entire loot. The juvenile has already been detained in the case, while three henchmen were arrested in the case from Chandigarh.
The juvenile, who worked for businessman Rajesh Kalra, had confined to Ajay that his boss deals in large amount of cash and they can rob him to get rich. Ajay had then roped in Shakti Naidu, a seasoned criminal to execute the heist who further constituted the gang for the robbery.
However, Shakti and several others are still at large.
Police have recovered part of the looted amount which is in crores from several places at their instance. However, the exact amount is yet to be ascertained.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sachin Tendulkar joins Narendra Modi's #SelfieWithDaughter campaign
- BJP MP Hema Malini injured, one child killed in Dausa road accident
- Parliamentary panel recommends 100% salary hike for MPs, health benefits for grandchildren
- Madrasas that do not teach primary subjects to be considered 'non-schools', says Maharashtra govt
- Congress 'weak' to stop Modi; Rahul 'out of touch' with reality: Hansraj Bhardwaj