Apex court told about Guj panel on shootout deaths
New Delhi: The Supreme Court was told on Monday that the Gujarat government has set up a special task force to probe the cases of alleged staged shootout killings and its investigation would be monitored by an authority headed by retired apex court judge MB Shah.
The court was hearing petitions by columnist B.G. Verghese and poet, lyricist and script writer Javed Akhtar seeking Central Bureau of Investigation probe into 21 cases of alleged staged shootouts between 2003-07.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Amitabh Bachchan's Twitter account hacked, 'sex sites' planted as following
- Lashkar-e-Toiba plotting 26/11-style attack in India with the help of Pak Navy, ISI?
- DNA: Analysis of decision to name Aurangzeb Road after Dr. Abdul Kalam - Part III
- Radhe Maa approached to be a part of Bigg Boss 9?
- What was Indrani Mukherjea's original plan to murder Sheena Bora?
- Sheena Bora murder case: 'Indrani Mukerjea's father thrashed her with belt'
- Leaked! Tentative list of 'Bigg Boss 9' revealed and guess who's hosting?
- Amitabh Bachchan's Twitter account hacked, sex sites planted as 'following'
- Exclusive: I am father of Sheena, Mikhail, but never married Indrani Mukerjea, says Siddharth Das
- PM Modi releases digital version of Ramcharitmanas musical