Arrested accused took part in Delhi HC blast: NIA
New Delhi: Amir Abbas Dev, a Jammu and
Kashmir native, was one of the terrorists involved in the
Delhi High Court blast on September 7 that killed 15 and
injured over 90 persons, National Investigation Agency (NIA)
told a special court on Thursday.
Dev was sent to judicial custody till tomorrow by the
Special NIA court, which, in the forenoon, remanded co-accused
Abid Hussain to the custody of the agency till October 5.
"He (Dev) is one of the terrorists who had conducted bomb
blast between gate number 4 and 5 of the Delhi High Court.
"He is one of the conspirator and needs to be
interrogated thoroughly to trace out their complexity in this
terrorist crime and other associates are also involved in
this terrorist crime and conspiracy," NIA, in its application
seeking to interrogate the accused, said.
During separate proceedings, Special NIA judge HS Sharma
allowed the agency in the forenoon to quiz accused Abid
Hussain who is in its custody for 14 days till October five.
However, Dev, produced with his face covered in the
afternoon, was sent to judicial custody till tomorrow as there
was no lawyer to defend him and oppose the plea of NIA seeking
his custodial interrogation in the case.
Following a request by NIA in the morning for in-camera
proceedings, the special judge asked the scribes to vacate the
"Only those persons will stand in the court whom I will
allow. Please vacate the court," the judge said.
Hussain and Dev, who were brought to Delhi yesterday
following their arrest at Kishtwar in Jammu and Kashmir, had
allegedly sent emails to media houses claiming responsibility
for the blast on behalf of banned terror outfit Harkat
ul-Jihad al-Islami (HuJI).
The two accused have been booked under various provisions
of the IPC, the Unlawful Activities (Prevention) Act and the
Explosive Substances Act, dealing with conspiracy, murder,
attempt to kill, causing hurt and using explosives.
Hussain, who is said to be a student of Islamia Faridia
Higher Secondary School at Kishtwar, was arrested on
September 13 for allegedly sending the terror mail, NIA said.
Dev, who is pursuing BA course through correspondence at
Maulana Azad Urdu University in Hyderabad, not only sent the
e-mails but also took part in the blast, the agency said in
Dev was arrested three days after the arrest of Hussain
on September 16 at Kishtwar by the state police after the
emails were tracked.
Dev is accused of handing over the draft mail three days
before the blast to the two high school students.
He is alleged to have drafted the mail and then handed it
over to the two boys with the instruction that it was to be
mailed to media houses immediately after the blasts.
Third accused Shariq Ahmed, who was also arrested in
connection with the case, has so far not been produced in the
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Reservation issue: Police register case against Bainsla, 20 others
- Zee Media exclusive chat with 'Welcome to Karachi' cast
- Zee Media exclusive interview with Haryana CM Manohar Lal Khattar
- UP Minister allegedly threatens, abuses Gonda businessman
- Manali: Heavy corruption found in environmental taxes
- Aapke Sitare: Astro prediction for May 24, 2015
- Watch: Fast N Facts @ 7:30pm
- Five unmanned parachutes spotted over Mumbai airport
- One year of Modi govt: How satisfied is the common man?
- UP: Jammu-bound Muri Express derails in Kaushambi
- Jaipur girl Mini Rajpal wins Miss India Deaf 2015!
- One year of Modi govt: How satisfied is the common man? Part-2
- Mumbai architecture creates double decker bus from scrap!
- Dawood's intercepted phone calls prove yet again he is in Pakistan
- CBSE Board Class 12th Exam Results 2015 declared
- IPL 2015 Final: MI vs CSK - As it happened...
- CBSE.nic.in 12th XII Results 2015: CBSE Board (cbseresults.nic.in) Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 to be announced on May 25
- Heatwave continues in North India; death toll in Andhra Pradesh, Telangana more than 400
- IPL 2015 final: Mumbai Indians thrash Chennai Super Kings by 41 runs to lift second title
- Kejriwal completes 100 days in office, AAP says centre 'shadow boxing' over row with LG
- LIVE - Cbse.nic.in & cbseresults.nic.in Class 12th XII Results 2015: CBSE Board Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 to be announced shortly
- Check cbseresults.nic.in for CBSE Class 12 result 2015
- Heatwave claims over 550 lives so far, Delhi saw hottest day
- Online filing of applications for UPSC civil services exam begins
- Not just today, Muslims feeling alienated since 1947: Najma Heptulla
- CBSE Class 12 results out: Here's how you can check
- Cbse.nic.in & cbseresults.nic.in Class 12th XII Results 2015: CBSE Board Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 declared
- Mathura rally: PM Modi slams 'corrupt' UPA regime, lauds NDA govt's efforts in past one year
- Police register case against Bainsla, 20 others as Gujjar agitation continues
- Pakistan criticizes Defence Minister Parrikar's terrorism remarks