Ask Chidambaram to apologise for saffron terror remarks: BJP
New Delhi: BJP on Friday asked Home Minister
P Chidambaram to tender an apology for his "saffron terror"
remarks in the wake of Congress General Secretary Janardhan
Dwivedi`s statement on the issue.
"Dwivedi`s words will have some meaning if he makes
Chidambaram to apologise and withdraw his remarks (on saffron
terrorism)," BJP spokesman Prakash Javadekar told reporters.
Otherwise, he said, Dwivedi`s remarks would only prove
that "this is the usual Congress policy of speaking in
different tones to suit different constituencies".
The BJP spokesman was reacting to Dwivedi`s remarks
today that appears to have sought to distance itself from
Chidambaram`s statement about the "recently uncovered
phenomenon of saffron terrorism that has been implicated" in
many bomb blast cases.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- CBSE Class 10 (Class X Board) Result 2015 on cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in at 2 pm
- GUJCET Results 2015 declared on gseb.org
- Check cbseresults.nic.in, cbse.in for CBSE Class 10 X Board Result at 2 pm
- Rahul Gandhi takes another dig at NDA govt, says Manmohan gave lessons on economy to PM Modi
- Centre moves SC against Delhi HC order on LG's powers; hearing on Friday