Ask Chidambaram to apologise for saffron terror remarks: BJP
New Delhi: BJP on Friday asked Home Minister
P Chidambaram to tender an apology for his "saffron terror"
remarks in the wake of Congress General Secretary Janardhan
Dwivedi`s statement on the issue.
"Dwivedi`s words will have some meaning if he makes
Chidambaram to apologise and withdraw his remarks (on saffron
terrorism)," BJP spokesman Prakash Javadekar told reporters.
Otherwise, he said, Dwivedi`s remarks would only prove
that "this is the usual Congress policy of speaking in
different tones to suit different constituencies".
The BJP spokesman was reacting to Dwivedi`s remarks
today that appears to have sought to distance itself from
Chidambaram`s statement about the "recently uncovered
phenomenon of saffron terrorism that has been implicated" in
many bomb blast cases.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- I am still single, says Hrithik Roshan
- Bharat bandh: Nation braces for country-wide strike on Wednesday
- Exclusive: I am father of Sheena, Mikhail, but never married Indrani Mukerjea, says Siddharth Das
- Former Pakistani spinner Arshad Khan now a taxi driver in Sydney!
- SC intervenes into Khap panchayat's rape order of two UP sisters, seeks report from Akhilesh govt