Ask Chidambaram to apologise for saffron terror remarks: BJP
New Delhi: BJP on Friday asked Home Minister
P Chidambaram to tender an apology for his "saffron terror"
remarks in the wake of Congress General Secretary Janardhan
Dwivedi`s statement on the issue.
"Dwivedi`s words will have some meaning if he makes
Chidambaram to apologise and withdraw his remarks (on saffron
terrorism)," BJP spokesman Prakash Javadekar told reporters.
Otherwise, he said, Dwivedi`s remarks would only prove
that "this is the usual Congress policy of speaking in
different tones to suit different constituencies".
The BJP spokesman was reacting to Dwivedi`s remarks
today that appears to have sought to distance itself from
Chidambaram`s statement about the "recently uncovered
phenomenon of saffron terrorism that has been implicated" in
many bomb blast cases.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- DNA: Analysis over who is responsible for tense condition of Kashmir after Burhan Wani's death?
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- Congress workers thrash students for showing black flags to Rahul Gandhi in Raebareli
- Uri attack: Israel ready to help India with cutting-edge technology to secure borders
- India's Rafale vs Pakistan's F-16: Why the French fighter jet is the best choice for dogfight
- All you need to know about Reliance JioFi at Rs 1,999 – use free data till December 31
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- If you have guts, send your suicide bombers to Pakistan: Samajwadi Party to MNS' Raj Thackeray