Ask Chidambaram to apologise for saffron terror remarks: BJP
New Delhi: BJP on Friday asked Home Minister
P Chidambaram to tender an apology for his "saffron terror"
remarks in the wake of Congress General Secretary Janardhan
Dwivedi`s statement on the issue.
"Dwivedi`s words will have some meaning if he makes
Chidambaram to apologise and withdraw his remarks (on saffron
terrorism)," BJP spokesman Prakash Javadekar told reporters.
Otherwise, he said, Dwivedi`s remarks would only prove
that "this is the usual Congress policy of speaking in
different tones to suit different constituencies".
The BJP spokesman was reacting to Dwivedi`s remarks
today that appears to have sought to distance itself from
Chidambaram`s statement about the "recently uncovered
phenomenon of saffron terrorism that has been implicated" in
many bomb blast cases.
- Assembly polls 2016: Arch political rivals PM Narendra Modi, Sonia Gandhi soon to hit Kerala
- Several radical mosques under surveillance: German intelligence head
- NEET exemption row: Supreme Court to hear fresh plea regarding MBBS, BDS entrance test today
- Prisoners revolt in Syria's Hama jail, seize guards - Syrian Observatory
- Spain misses deadline for new government, June election set