Awaiting comments on proposal for naxal-affected areas: Montek
New Delhi: Planning Commission Deputy
Chairman Montek Singh Ahluwalia said the panel is
seeking inputs on the Rs 13,742-crore plan for development of
Naxal-hit districts from different ministries.
Ahluwalia`s comments came amidst reports suggesting that
Prime Minister Manmohan Singh has rejected the Integrated
Action Plan (IAP) for the naxal-affected areas.
"There is no truth to the proposition that Prime Minister
has shot it (plan for naxal hit districts) down," he said.
He said the IAP for 60 districts has been circulated to
ministries. "We are waiting for comments.... it would go to
the Cabinet," he added.
Reports suggested that Prime Minister found IAP non-
Before submitting the plan to the Prime Minister, the
Commission had received approval from Home Minister P
Chidambaram and Finance Minister Pranab Mukerjee.
The proposed IAP aims at improving governance at village
level for effective delivery of the plan.
Under the proposed plan, the first phase of two-year plan
includes providing Rs 3,000 crore to such districts for
strengthening panchayati raj institutions.
In the second phase Rs 9,000 crore was to be provided for
developing basic infrastructure like road, power and schools.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- One year of Modi govt: PM promises to fulfil aspirations
- Hundreds die as heat wave continues in India
- Salman Khan attends sister Arpita's wedding reception in Mandi
- 2G scam: Ex-TRAI chief alleges Manmohan Singh had warned him to cooperate
- Pranab Mukherjee defends Bofors scam, says it was just a media trial
- Zee Media's mega survey on Modi govt
- Zee Media Exclusive: Vidya Balan chats about 'Hamari Adhuri Kahani'
- I eat beef, can somebody stop me?: Kiren Rijiju hits back at Naqvi
- Para athlete Deepa Malik complains of callous service by Air India
- Delhi: Visually impaired boy scores 91.4% in CBSE 12th Board exams
- Smriti Irani visits Amethi, promises to pay insurance money to 25,000 women
- MP: 14-year-old boy works as bonded labour since 2009
- UP: Man chops off wife's nose, hair for dowry
- One year of Modi govt: Amit Shah addresses media
- Zee Media Exclusive: The plight of yoga expert Tejaswi Sharma
- Arpita-Aayush wedding reception: Salman Khan spreads love in Mandi, says `hum aapke hain`
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 (cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in) postponed?
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 to be announced today
- Check mahresult.nic.in for MSBSHSE Maharashtra Class 12 HSC Result 2015
- MSBSHSE Class 12th HSC results 2015 to be declared at 1pm tomorrow
- Maharashtra MSBSHSE HSC Result 2015 on mahresult.nic.in
- Rahul Gandhi takes a dig at one year of Modi govt, wishes 'happy birthday' to 'suit-boot ki sarkar'
- Bharatiya Janata Party lacks majority for Ram Temple, Article 370: Amit Shah
- I was misquoted, says Kiren Rijiju on 'beef' remark
- CBSE 10th result to be declared tomorrow
- First look: Salman Khan steals thunder in `Bajrangi Bhaijaan`
- mahresult.nic.in updated with MSBSHSE Maharashtra HSC Class XII Result 2015
- Check mahresult.nic.in for Maharashtra HSC Result 2015 to be announced at 1 pm on May 27
- Manmohan Singh defends himself on 2G charge, slams Modi govt for 'carbon copy' schemes
- Sonia Gandhi 'unconstitutional authority' during UPA: PM Narendra Modi