BJP MLAs marshalled out of Delhi Assembly
New Delhi: All BJP MLAs were marshalled
out of the Delhi Assembly for the third day on Monday after they
disrupted proceedings demanding resignation of Chief Minister
Sheila Dikshit in the wake of Shunglu Committee report blaming
her for irregularities in execution of various CWG projects.
It was trouble for the treasury bench from the word go
as BJP MLAs, wearing black arm-band, vociferously raised the
issue of Shunglu Committee`s findings, forcing two brief
adjournments of the House before they were evicted from the
Soon after House began its proceedings, Leader of
Opposition VK Malhotra raised the issue demanding tabling of
the Shunglu Committee report and seeking a detailed discussion
As Speaker Yoganand Shastri rejected the demand,
almost all the MLAs trouped to the well of the House shouting
slogans and demanding the resignation of Dikshit.
Amid the pandemonium, the Speaker adjourned the House
for 25 minutes. When the House re-assembled, BJP members again
trouped to the well of the House raising anti-government
slogans and even displaying some posters.
As repeated efforts to pacify the agitating MLAs did
not fructify, Shastri again adjourned the House for 20
When the House met after the second adjournment, the
speaker said the Government was preparing a detailed response
to the findings of the Shunglu committee and that it will be
sent to the Prime Minister.
Not satisfied with Speaker`s remarks, the BJP-MLAs
again trouped to the well of the House and some of them even
sat on the floor of the House, holding anti-government
"The people of Delhi has a right to know from the
Chief Minister about the government`s position on the issue,"
As the pandemonium continued, Shastri asked the
marshals to remove the BJP MLAs from the House. Two BJP MLAs
were physically carried out by the marshalls after they
refused to leave the House.
"This is atrocious. Whenever we try to raise something
important, they just remove us from the House. This is against
the democratic values of the country. This is gross
injustice," Malhotra said later.
The budget session of the House, which was scheduled
to run till Thursday, was adjourned today indefinitely.
Dikshit said as BJP was not ready to participate in
Assembly proceedings and that may be the reason for Speaker`s
decision to adjourn the House indefinitely.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Highlights - India vs England 2nd ODI in Cuttack
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- DNA: Manish Sisodia faces CBI probe over alleged irregularities in 'Talk To AK' programme
- Pawan, a BE student develops smart dustbin -Watch
- Donald Trump to be sworn in as 45th US President today
- WATCH: MS Dhoni asks Jasprit Bumrah to go easy after he hurriedly ran out England skipper Eoin Morgan
- Accused of Muslim-bias on visa applications, Sushma Swaraj hits back
- WATCH: How MS Dhoni saved Yuvraj Singh's wicket with another successful DRS review
- Cuttack ODI: Umpire Kumar Dharmasena messes up DRS review, twitter couldn't stop trolling
- India vs England: After Virender Sehwag, Sachin Tendulkar gives Piers Morgan cricketing gyan