BJP stages protest demanding removal of PWD minister
New Delhi: The BJP on Friday staged a protest
demanding immmediate compliance of city Lokayukta`s
recommendation for removal of PWD Minister Raj Kumar Chouhan
from Delhi Cabinet for trying to protect a leading resort in a
tax evasion case.
"The Minister must be removed from the Delhi Cabinet as
the Lokayukta has recommended his sacking. It seems Chief
Minister Sheila Dikshit is in search of excuses to save him",
senior BJP leader M Venkaiah Naidu said addressing the
Delhi Lokayukta Justice Manmohan Sarin had on Thursday
recommended sacking of Chauhan from Delhi Cabinet for trying
to protect a leading resort in a tax evasion case.
In the order, Sarin recommended to the President of
India to "withdraw her pleasure" for the Minister to continue
in office as he "misused" his official position.
Justice Sarin`s order had come in a case pertaining to
Chauhan`s alleged involvement in influencing a team of tax
officials when they were carrying out a survey at the premises
of the resort in South Delhi in February last year.
Terming the order as "unprecedented", Delhi BJP chief
Vijender Gupta said "perhaps this is for the first time a
Minister has been found guilty of obstructing Government
He also slammed the Delhi police for yesterday`s
lathicharge on BJP workers during a protest march against
alleged corruption in Delhi Government. The issue was also
raised by Naidu in the Rajya Sabha.
"More than 100 of our workers were injured in the
lathicharge", he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - IIT-Kharagpur develops superpower drone 'BHIM' that could aid soldiers in war zones
- Is Pakistan terrified of Yogi Adityanath as Uttar Pradesh CM?
- Anti-Romeo squad launched: Has moral policing started in UP?
- Should Ram Mandir issue be resolved through mutual understanding?
- Jharkhand: Congress leader, 3 others killed in shootout in Dhanbad
- This fiery speech by Yogi Adityanath in Parliament on communal riots is setting internet on fire - MUST WATCH
- Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev, Rajguru were hanged on 23 March 1931 – This is how PM Modi paid tribute today
- Kapil Sharma fight on flight row: Did Sunil Grover, Ali Asgar and Chandan Prabhakar skip shoot?
- Mohammad Kaif welcomes Yogi Adityanath's appointment as new Uttar Pradesh chief minister
- Unable to meet educational expenses, Muslim girl writes to PM Narendra Modi – Know what happened next