BJP stages protest demanding removal of PWD minister
New Delhi: The BJP on Friday staged a protest
demanding immmediate compliance of city Lokayukta`s
recommendation for removal of PWD Minister Raj Kumar Chouhan
from Delhi Cabinet for trying to protect a leading resort in a
tax evasion case.
"The Minister must be removed from the Delhi Cabinet as
the Lokayukta has recommended his sacking. It seems Chief
Minister Sheila Dikshit is in search of excuses to save him",
senior BJP leader M Venkaiah Naidu said addressing the
Delhi Lokayukta Justice Manmohan Sarin had on Thursday
recommended sacking of Chauhan from Delhi Cabinet for trying
to protect a leading resort in a tax evasion case.
In the order, Sarin recommended to the President of
India to "withdraw her pleasure" for the Minister to continue
in office as he "misused" his official position.
Justice Sarin`s order had come in a case pertaining to
Chauhan`s alleged involvement in influencing a team of tax
officials when they were carrying out a survey at the premises
of the resort in South Delhi in February last year.
Terming the order as "unprecedented", Delhi BJP chief
Vijender Gupta said "perhaps this is for the first time a
Minister has been found guilty of obstructing Government
He also slammed the Delhi police for yesterday`s
lathicharge on BJP workers during a protest march against
alleged corruption in Delhi Government. The issue was also
raised by Naidu in the Rajya Sabha.
"More than 100 of our workers were injured in the
lathicharge", he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi speaks at Golden Jubilee celebrations of poet Dinkar’s works
- Mumbai: Diamond export company denies job to Muslim youth
- Vadodara: Policemen seen dancing with bar girls
- Coal scam: Naveen Jindal, Madhu Koda and others get bail
- One year of Modi govt: Arun Jaitley addresses press conference
- DNA: IAF Mirage 2000 fighter plane lands successfully on Yamuna expressway
- Zee Media Exclusive: Kangana, Madhavan talk about their film 'Tanu Weds Manu Returns'
- DNA: Osama documents show 'Indian brother in Madinah' financed al Qaeda
- ISIS executes Syrian fighter using anti-tank rocket launcher
- DNA: Harmful chemicals found in Maggi, Nestle India still in denial mode
- Zee Media Exclusive interview with Congress leader Kamal Nath
- Woman robbed at gunpoint inside Hyderabad ATM
- CM Kejriwal shortlists 39 'unwanted' IAS officers in Delhi
- Columbia student takes rape-protest mattress to graduation
- Mumbai: One injured in shootout at Film City
- Mumbai firm booked for denying Muslim MBA graduate job on religious grounds, probe ordered
- Jayalalithaa makes public appearance, meets Governor: As it happened
- `Piku` hits jackpot, does Rs 100 crore business worldwide
- Geelani's passport application incomplete, cannot be processed: MEA
- IPL 2015, Qualifier 2: CSK vs RCB - As it happened...
- CBSE Class 10 Results 2015 may not be announced today
- India to soon have its own space shuttle!
- Kejriwal slams notification on LG's powers, says Modi running Delhi govt through back door
- WBBSE 10th Madhyamik Results 2015: West Bengal Board (wbbse.org & wbresults.nic.in) Class 10th Madhyamik Pariksha Results 2015 to be announced on May 22
- Don't know what will happen to my career, says Ranbir Kapoor
- Tanu Weds Manu Returns movie review: Brilliant execution, superb performance!
- Manohar Parrikar meets troops at Siachen base camp
- Osama files show an "Indian brother in Madinah” financed al Qaeda
- Wbbse.org 10th Madhyamik Pariksha Results 2015: West Bengal Board (wbresults.nic.in) Class 10th, WB MP Results 2015 to be announced today shortly
- SC asks Haryana Police to finish AIPMT paper leak probe