BJP stalls Assembly on CAG report on CWG
New Delhi: Delhi Assembly was on Monday adjourned
on the first day of Monsoon session after noisy protest from
opposition BJP members who were demanding a discussion on CAG
indictment of Chief Minister Sheila Dikshit for alleged
irregularities in certain CWG projects.
As soon as the House convened at 2 PM, BJP members were
on their feet and rushed to the well of the House demanding
that Speaker Yoganand Shastri allow a discussion on the CAG
report on Commonwealth Games.
However, the Speaker refused permission and when BJP
members continued with their protest he adjourned the House
for 30 minutes.
When the House reassembled at 2.30 PM, BJP members again
rushed to the well and demanded that the Speaker allow the
discussion forcing adjournment for another 30 minutes.
When the House met for the third time, BJP members this
time protested against the recent hike in power tariff in the
As BJP members rushed to the well again and created
pandemonium, Shastri adjourned the House till tomorrow.
The BJP had earlier made it clear that it will
specifically target Dikshit as the auditor has found her
responsible for "questionable decisions" in various CWG
The session, which will run till September 5, will have a
total of five sittings.
- Discussion over Mamata Banerjee's close aide Firhad Hakim's 'mini Pakistan' comment
- Discussion over Mamata Banerjee's close aide Firhad Hakim's mini Pakistan comment-Part II
- Discussion over Mamata Banerjee's close aide Firhad Hakim's mini Pakistan comment-Part III
- Discussion over Mamata Banerjee's close aide Firhad Hakim's mini Pakistan comment-Part IV
- Dr. Subhash Chandra Show: Importance of time management
- Want FIR against guilty before further probe on Adarsh Society scam: BJP
- Beware, women! Stress can worsen HPV infection
- Derogatory remarks against Prophet: ISIS takes credit for hacking Hindu tailor to death in Bangladesh
- India can save $50 billion if logistics costs are brought down to 9% of GDP: Study
- Worsening depression, a predictor of dementia