BJP stalls Assembly on CAG report on CWG
New Delhi: Delhi Assembly was on Monday adjourned
on the first day of Monsoon session after noisy protest from
opposition BJP members who were demanding a discussion on CAG
indictment of Chief Minister Sheila Dikshit for alleged
irregularities in certain CWG projects.
As soon as the House convened at 2 PM, BJP members were
on their feet and rushed to the well of the House demanding
that Speaker Yoganand Shastri allow a discussion on the CAG
report on Commonwealth Games.
However, the Speaker refused permission and when BJP
members continued with their protest he adjourned the House
for 30 minutes.
When the House reassembled at 2.30 PM, BJP members again
rushed to the well and demanded that the Speaker allow the
discussion forcing adjournment for another 30 minutes.
When the House met for the third time, BJP members this
time protested against the recent hike in power tariff in the
As BJP members rushed to the well again and created
pandemonium, Shastri adjourned the House till tomorrow.
The BJP had earlier made it clear that it will
specifically target Dikshit as the auditor has found her
responsible for "questionable decisions" in various CWG
The session, which will run till September 5, will have a
total of five sittings.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Yogi Adityanath's first speech as Uttar Pradesh CM in Gorakhpur
- Watch: Yogi Adityanath's speech at Gorakhnath temple
- Yogi Adityanath to visit Gorakhpur for first time today after becoming UP CM
- BJP MLA Vikram Saini accused of voicing controversial statement
- DNA: Analysing the 'no first use' nuclear policy of India
- Is this for real: Ajinkya Rahane bizarre shot went for six, concerned Virat Kohli settles with smile — WATCH
- WATCH: Skipper Virat Kohli carries drinks for Team India
- WATCH: Tom Latham takes IMPOSSIBLE catch to dismiss Faf du Plessis
- Mohanlal's 'Manyam Puli' has a BREATHTAKING scene where TIGER attacks a boy! WATCH 'Pulimurugan' clip
- Kapil Sharma-Sunil Grover fight: Will it be a shutdown for 'The Kapil Sharma Show'?