BJP stalls Assembly on CAG report on CWG
New Delhi: Delhi Assembly was on Monday adjourned
on the first day of Monsoon session after noisy protest from
opposition BJP members who were demanding a discussion on CAG
indictment of Chief Minister Sheila Dikshit for alleged
irregularities in certain CWG projects.
As soon as the House convened at 2 PM, BJP members were
on their feet and rushed to the well of the House demanding
that Speaker Yoganand Shastri allow a discussion on the CAG
report on Commonwealth Games.
However, the Speaker refused permission and when BJP
members continued with their protest he adjourned the House
for 30 minutes.
When the House reassembled at 2.30 PM, BJP members again
rushed to the well and demanded that the Speaker allow the
discussion forcing adjournment for another 30 minutes.
When the House met for the third time, BJP members this
time protested against the recent hike in power tariff in the
As BJP members rushed to the well again and created
pandemonium, Shastri adjourned the House till tomorrow.
The BJP had earlier made it clear that it will
specifically target Dikshit as the auditor has found her
responsible for "questionable decisions" in various CWG
The session, which will run till September 5, will have a
total of five sittings.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- DNA: Analysis of Indus water treaty between India and Pakistan
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak - Part II
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor
- Reliance Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB data at 1 GB rate
- Govt calls meet on Indus Water Treaty; Water Resources Ministry, MEA to brief PM Modi