BJP to appoint new legislature party leader
New Delhi: Amid speculation over government formation in Delhi, BJP`s city unit on Saturday said that it would soon appoint its new legislature party leader and was ready to explore "all options" if invited by the Lt Governor.
"At present, we are in the process of appointing our legislature party leader. Soon, BJP will announce his name," Delhi BJP chief Satish Upadhyay told reporters.
Asked if BJP is going to form government, Upadhay said that as of now, "L-G has not invited us (BJP) in this regard.
"If L-G first invites us to form the government, we will then explore all options. I have already said that all options are open in this regard. BJP will follow all constitutional norms as a political party needs to form government," Upadhyay added.
The Delhi BJP chief, however, added that at present, there is no situation to form government.
Asked if party MLAs have agreed to government formation, he said that there are different views on this, adding that party would soon reach some conclusion.
"Till now, L-G has not called us to stake claim to form government," he added.
BJP leader Harsh Vardhan was earlier the legislature party leader, but he was elected to Lok Sabha and is now the Union Health Minister.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Rajasthan: Gujjars revive reservation agitation, block rail track
- J Jayalalithaa sworn-in as Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Aspiring for more than what you have!
- ISIS to buy first nuclear weapon from Pak?
- Mumbai: CCTV captures assailant with gun at Film City
- Mathura SSP receives death threat letter, message for PM Modi
- BJP now central pole of Indian politics: Arun Jaitley
- Maharashtra FDA sends Maggi noodles for lab testing
- Watch: Fast N Facts @ 7:30pm
- Haridwar: Hotel Radisson Blu sealed for polluting Ganga
- Delhi: Two killed in road accident in New Ashok Nagar
- Girl in Punjab's Pathankot quit studies for fear of eve-teasing
- Reservation issue: Police register case against Bainsla, 20 others
- Special: Furious over rising water crisis, people take to the streets
- Fiji: Floating island restaurant in middle of ocean
- Goa Board SSC Exam Results 2015 announced
- ISIS close to buying nuclear weapon from Pakistan?
- Manohar Parrikar visits forward areas along LoC, reviews security situation
- Credibility of Prime Minister's Office restored by BJP, says Arun Jaitley
- There will be no delay in appointing CIC, CVC: Jitendra Singh
- ISIS justifies raping slave girls, says Michelle Obama is 'worth $40'
- 'Unhappy' Celina Jaitley asks Sunny Leone to move out?
- Arvind Kejriwal to highlight AAP govt's 100 days work on Monday
- IPL 2015 Final: Mumbai Indians vs Chennai Super Kings - Preview
- BJP's plan for one-year celebration: 200 big rallies, 5,000 public meetings
- CBSE Results 2015: 10th board exam results to be declared on May 27
- Heatwave leaves 153 dead in Telangana, Andhra Pradesh
- IPL 8 Final: We need to be at our best against Mumbai, says Michael Hussey
- Jayalalithaa returns as Tamil Nadu CM: As it happened
- Heatwave kills 223 in AP, Telangana, Chandrababu Naidu announces compensation; Delhi records hottest day