BJP workers demonstrate against CNG price hike
New Delhi: Hundreds of BJP workers Friday
staged a demonstration here demanding immediate roll back of
hike in CNG prices.
The BJP workers, who gathered near Jantar Mantar, also
tried to march towards Parliament but police stopped them.
Addressing the gathering, senior party leader V K
Malhotra and city unit president Vijendra Gupta criticised the
Centre for hike saying it will make life difficult for people
who travel by bus and auto as fare for both these modes of
transport, run on CNG, is set to go up.
"The government will have to reconsider its decision to
hike the CNG prices. The increase will make life misearble
for the common man who is battling skyrocketing prices of food
items," said Malhotra.
Senior BJP leaders who participated in the meeting
included former chief minister Madan Lal Khuran, Vijay Goel, O
P Kohli and Jagdish Mukhi.
The BJP leaders claimed that several of their
supporters were injured when the police prevented them from
marching towards Parliament but the police rejected the claim,
saying no force was used.
"No force was used against the BJP workers," said Delhi
Police PRO Rajan Bhagat. He said the police did not even use
water canons to disperse the activists.
Meanwhile, Gupta flayed Delhi government`s decision to
allow smaller restaurants to sell wine and beer saying it will
lead to rise in crime rate.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Highlights - India vs England 2nd ODI in Cuttack
- DNA: Manish Sisodia faces CBI probe over alleged irregularities in 'Talk To AK' programme
- Donald Trump to be sworn in as 45th US President today
- Barack Obama thanks Americans for making him a 'better man'
- Exclusive: Srinagar freezes at minus 3; common man struggles for basic commodities
- WATCH: MS Dhoni asks Jasprit Bumrah to go easy after he hurriedly ran out England skipper Eoin Morgan
- IND vs ENG, 2nd ODI: Yuvraj Singh silences critics with 14th ODI hundred, fourth against England — WATCH
- WATCH: How MS Dhoni saved Yuvraj Singh's wicket with another successful DRS review
- India vs England: After Virender Sehwag, Sachin Tendulkar gives Piers Morgan cricketing gyan
- Accused of Muslim-bias on visa applications, Sushma Swaraj hits back