‘BJP`s win in MCD polls spells downfall of Cong’
New Delhi: Describing BJP`s victory in Delhi civic polls as beginning of downfall of Congress, party chief Nitin Gadkari today said the results have given a message to the people of the country that Congress has lost its capacity to rule.
Addressing BJP`s winning councillors, he said the entire country has great hopes from the BJP.
"The journey of victory of BJP in the Municipal Corporation of Delhi is the beginning of downfall of the Congress. We have to maintain the winning spree," he said at the function also attended by senior leaders L K Advani and Sushma Swaraj among others.
BJP National Vice President M Venkaiah Naidu said Congress Government of Delhi has in place of developing the capital concentrated more on bungling and corruption.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Delhi: 8-year-old boy dies after falling into pothole
- Woman commits suicide in UP after posting message on social media
- Nirbhaya gang-rape convict Vinay Sharma attempts suicide in Tihar Jail
- Rajnath Singh, Mehbooba Mufti hold joint press conference on Kashmir violence
- Will appoint nodal officer for Kashmiris: Rajnath Singh
- Attack on Kabul`s American University ends as attackers killed
- Colombia announces historic peace pact
- Aamir Khan's '3 Idiots' sequel on the cards? Here's what Rajkumar Hirani has to say!
- 'Nirbhaya' gang-rape: Convict Vinay Sharma attempts suicide in Tihar Jail, admitted to hospital
- Iranian Navy in `unsafe` intercept of US destroyer: Defense official