BJYM to hold cycle rally on rising onion prices in Delhi
New Delhi: Bharatiya Janata Yuva Morcha (BJYM) workers here will on Monday take a cycle rally to Chief Minister Sheila Dikshit`s residence to put pressure on her to enforce Delhi High Court directives regarding reining in of onion prices in the city.
"Delhi government has done absolutely nothing to check the rising prices of onions and other articles of daily use.
"The price situation is so bad that the honourable Delhi High Court has had to step in to rescue people from an `Onion Crisis`," said Delhi BJYM chief Gaurav Khari.
Khari said that the rally was being organised to pressure Delhi government into acting on the HC directives.
Delhi BJP state chief Vijay Goel and other senior party leaders will also participate in this rally, he said.
"It is unprecedented that the HC has had to intervene to bring relief to the people from unabated rise in prices of essential commodities like onions. This shows that the Delhi government has failed to perform its duty," said Khari.
Delhi BJP today also reiterated its demand that the state government must release the list of the spots where it has claimed to have put up stalls selling onions at cheaper prices as those were nowhere to be found.
"People of Delhi are still not aware of the location of the invisible onion stalls of the Delhi government," claimed Khari.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Turkey has the right to defend its airspace, says Obama
- J&K: Terrorists attack Army camp at Tangdhar near LoC
- Proud to be an Indian, no plans to leave the country, says Aamir Khan
- Rahul Gandhi's embarrassment in front of Bengaluru college students
- Panel discussion on Aamir Khan's ignorance on Kashmiri Pandits
- Intolerance issue: Proud to be Indian, won't leave country, says Aamir Khan
- Watch: Chicago cop shoots a 17-year-old black man 16 times
- Army camp attacked in J&K's Kupwara; three JeM terrorists, one civilian killed
- WATCH: Rahul Gandhi asks 'Is Swachh Bharat working', Mount Carmel girls yell 'Yessss'
- Aamir Khan's 12-day mystery: From lauding Modi's 'positive India' to dubbing India as 'intolerant'