BJYM to hold cycle rally on rising onion prices in Delhi
New Delhi: Bharatiya Janata Yuva Morcha (BJYM) workers here will on Monday take a cycle rally to Chief Minister Sheila Dikshit`s residence to put pressure on her to enforce Delhi High Court directives regarding reining in of onion prices in the city.
"Delhi government has done absolutely nothing to check the rising prices of onions and other articles of daily use.
"The price situation is so bad that the honourable Delhi High Court has had to step in to rescue people from an `Onion Crisis`," said Delhi BJYM chief Gaurav Khari.
Khari said that the rally was being organised to pressure Delhi government into acting on the HC directives.
Delhi BJP state chief Vijay Goel and other senior party leaders will also participate in this rally, he said.
"It is unprecedented that the HC has had to intervene to bring relief to the people from unabated rise in prices of essential commodities like onions. This shows that the Delhi government has failed to perform its duty," said Khari.
Delhi BJP today also reiterated its demand that the state government must release the list of the spots where it has claimed to have put up stalls selling onions at cheaper prices as those were nowhere to be found.
"People of Delhi are still not aware of the location of the invisible onion stalls of the Delhi government," claimed Khari.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- IAF Mirage fighter plane lands on Yamuna Expressway!
- 'Maggi' under regulatory scanner for excess amount of lead, MSG
- Watch: Michelle Obama's 'Gimme Five' fitness video
- When Subramanian Swamy shocked people at a wedding!
- Mumbaikars join hands to save Pakistani teen with rare illness
- Mumbai: Diamond export company denies job to Muslim youth
- PM Modi speaks at Golden Jubilee celebrations of poet Dinkar’s works
- Aapke Sitare: Astro prediction for May 21, 2015
- Mirage 2000 fighter jet landing was part of capability demonstration: IAF
- DNA: IAF Mirage 2000 fighter plane lands successfully on Yamuna expressway
- Vadodara: Policemen seen dancing with bar girls
- Coal scam: Naveen Jindal, Madhu Koda and others get bail
- DNA: Osama documents show 'Indian brother in Madinah' financed al Qaeda
- One year of Modi govt: Arun Jaitley addresses press conference
- ISIS executes Syrian fighter using anti-tank rocket launcher
- CBSE Class 10 Results 2015 to be announced today?
- IAF jet lands on Yamuna expressway
- Check Jharkhand Board jac.nic.in: Class 12th Art Results 2015 declared
- Fawad Khan doesn’t want intimate scenes with Sonam Kapoor?
- Log on to apeamcet.org AP EAMCET Results 2015: Andhra Pradesh EAMCET Marks and AP EAMCET Ranks 2015 declared
- We hire only non-Muslim candidates, diamond export firm tells Muslim youth
- Is MSG in 'Maggi' noodles harmful for you?
- Mumbai firm booked for denying Muslim MBA graduate job on religious grounds, probe ordered
- Jayalalithaa makes public appearance, meets Governor: As it happened
- New IPL rules could see Chennai Super Kings lose MS Dhoni
- `Piku` hits jackpot, does Rs 100 crore business worldwide
- Anurag Kashyap to bid goodbye to India, settle in 'cinema-friendly' France!
- IPL 2015, Qualifier 2, Chennai Super Kings vs Royal Challengers Bangalore: Preview
- Geelani's passport application incomplete, cannot be processed: MEA
- Tamil Nadu SSLC Results 2015 on tnresults.nic.in