Brazilian woman rape case: Landlord arrested
New Delhi: Police have arrested a man,
who had allegedly raped his 27-year-old Brazilian woman tenant
here after mixing sedatives in her coffee.
The arrest came after medical examination of the woman
confirmed rape, Additional Commissioner of Police (South East)
Virender Chahal said Wednesday.
He, however, refused to reveal the identity of the
The incident reported from Greater Kailash-II came to light
yesterday after the woman lodged a complaint in which she
claimed that her landlord raped her twice after giving her
coffee laced with sedatives.
The woman, who is pursuing a Mass Communication course
from a private institute in Noida, came to India in the first
week of June. She has been staying in the rented accommodation
since June 19.
She claimed that on June 20, her landlord came to meet
her and offered coffee. She fell unconscious after drinking
the coffee and the landlord raped her on that day. He
allegedly raped her again on June 21.
"On June 27, when he tried to rape her, she resisted
and asked him to leave the premises," a senior police official
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - Huge fire breaks out at petrol pump in Kota, Rajasthan
- NSG now 'nine times' stronger; receives technological strength from 12 countries!
- Bihar: Congress leader Brajesh Pandey accused of running sex racket
- BJP MP Yogi Adityanath compares Akhilesh Yadav with 'Aurangzeb' and 'Kans'
- Acrimonious remarks of political leaders during UP elections
- Reliance Jio's tariff plan from April 1; voice calls, roaming to be free: Mukesh Ambani
- 7th Pay Commission: Allowances committee raises HRA to 30%?
- Virat Kohli thanks sprint legend Usain Bolt for congratulating him on 'record' Puma deal
- BMC elections results 2017: BJP to gain big amid neck-and-neck battle with Shiv Sena, reveals latest poll survey
- IPL 2017 Auction: Reaction-filled Twitter erupts with emotions!