Businessman jailed for 4 months in cheque bouncing
New Delhi: A businessman has been ordered by a Delhi court to be taken into custody to serve his four-month long jail term, awarded earlier by a trial court in a cheque bouncing case.
Additional Sessions Judge Madhu Jain ordered arrest of businessman Virender, dismissing his appeal against a magisterial court`s ruling which had sentenced him to four months in jail for bouncing of his cheques worth Rs 70,000 due to insufficient fund in his bank account.
"There is no infirmity or illegality in the orders dated February 28, 2011 and March 3, 2011 passed by the metropolitan magistrate. Same is therefore, upheld and present appeal filed by the appellant (Virender) is dismissed. Appellant be taken into custody," the court said.
The ruling came on an appeal by the M/s Bunty Industries proprietor Virender against the magisterial court ruling, which had also asked him to pay Rs 40,000 compensation to his debtor Naim Singh.
Singh had complained to the magisterial court that Virender had approached him for a loan of Rs 70,000 for his business 2002 and he had given the same to him against two post-dated cheques worth the same amount.
But both the cheques bounced due to insufficient fund in his account, when presented to his bank on due date, Singh had said in his complaint.
The court upheld Virender`s conviction dismissing his contention that all the amount had already been paid to the complainant and no amount was due against the cheque in question.
The judge has also rejected his plea that he was an old person and he should not be send to the jail.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- One year of Modi govt: PM promises to fulfil aspirations
- Watch: Mumbai cops find new secret agents in housewives!
- Hundreds die as heat wave continues in India
- 2G scam: Ex-TRAI chief alleges Manmohan Singh had warned him to cooperate
- Pranab Mukherjee defends Bofors scam, says it was just a media trial
- Salman Khan attends sister Arpita's wedding reception in Mandi
- Zee Media's mega survey on Modi govt
- Zee Media Exclusive: Vidya Balan chats about 'Hamari Adhuri Kahani'
- Para athlete Deepa Malik complains of callous service by Air India
- I eat beef, can somebody stop me?: Kiren Rijiju hits back at Naqvi
- Smriti Irani visits Amethi, promises to pay insurance money to 25,000 women
- Delhi: Visually impaired boy scores 91.4% in CBSE 12th Board exams
- One year of Modi govt: Amit Shah addresses media
- MP: 14-year-old boy works as bonded labour since 2009
- UP: Man chops off wife's nose, hair for dowry
- One year of NDA govt: PM Modi writes open letter to nation, promises to transform India
- Arpita-Aayush wedding reception: Salman Khan spreads love in Mandi, says `hum aapke hain`
- World optimistic about India: PM Narendra Modi on 1 year of NDA govt
- MSBSHSE Class 12th HSC results 2015 to be declared at 1pm tomorrow
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 (cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in) postponed?
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 to be announced on May 28
- Rahul Gandhi takes a dig at one year of Modi govt, wishes 'happy birthday' to 'suit-boot ki sarkar'
- Bharatiya Janata Party lacks majority for Ram Temple, Article 370: Amit Shah
- Check mahresult.nic.in for MSBSHSE Maharashtra Class 12 HSC Result 2015
- AAP govt moves resolution against MHA notification: As it happened
- Maharashtra MSBSHSE HSC Result 2015 on mahresult.nic.in
- Heatwave kills 90 more in Andhra, Telangana; toll crosses 800
- I was misquoted, says Kiren Rijiju on 'beef' remark
- Gujjars adamant on holding talks in Bayana; rail tracks remain blocked
- CBSE 10th result to be declared tomorrow