Bustle back at Israeli embassy car blast site
New Delhi: A day after an Israeli embassy car carrying the wife of a defence attache was targeted in a terror attack, the morning bustle seemed to be back at the blast site at Delhi`s Aurangzeb Road crossing on Tuesday with the area opened for normal traffic.
Media vehicles were the only indicator of Monday`s incident. Broadcast vans were parked close to the blast site and next to the nearby Tughlaq Road police station even as daily commuters went their way.
Police that had cordoned off the area at night were virtually absent from the scene. Barricades had been removed and regular traffic was back on the road.
At 3.16 pm on Monday, an Innova car from Israeli embassy burst into flames after a biker planted an explosive on its rear and sped off. Two passengers from a nearby red Indica were also affected by the blast.
Horrified commuters managed to pull the victims out of the car. Luckily, most of the victims received only minor injuries. The Israeli defence attache`s wife, Tal Yehoshua Koren, however, was badly injured and is still hospitalised. Her condition is said to be stable.
Within minutes, Delhi police had cordoned off the area and the bomb squads, Central Forensic Science Laboratory (CFSL) team and fire brigades swung into action.
Incidentally, the area is also home to several politicians and industrialists with the Prime Minister himself living a stone`s throw away, at 7, Race Course Road.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sheena's diary reveals disturbed relationship with parents: DNA reports
- Shameless cheating in exams, when will Bihar learn?
- Setback for Air India as 30 Boeing 787 Dreamliner pilots resign
- Sheena case: Indrani quizzed jointly with Peter, denies killing daughter
- Trade unions` strike hits normal life across India
- Sonakshi Sinha silences Twitter troll for calling her ugly and it's epic!
- Furkan, not Tiger Memon, arrested in Pakistan
- Modi effect! Pakistan-occupied Kashmir wants to be part of India
- Sheena Bora murder saga: 12 questions that police asked Peter Mukerjea during 12-hour grilling?
- Parineeti Chopra turns 'sexy pari' for sizzling photo-shoot