CAG audit of private power companies to begin today
Zee Media Bureau
New Delhi: Comptroller & Auditor General (CAG) audit of private power distribution companies will start from Thursdday after Aam Aadmi Party (AAP) government stood his ground stating that there are enough reasons to audit the companies.
“I don`t see a reason why audit of power companies shouldn`t be done,” Kejriwal had earlier told reporters when he was quizzed on the issue.
Auditing the power companies was one of the poll manifestos made by the party.
Delhi has three discoms - BSES Yamuna Power Ltd., BSES Rajdhani Power Ltd. and Tata Power Delhi Distribution Ltd.
Despite the opposition by the power companies to audit them, the Delhi government decided to go ahead with the decision to audit them.
The power companies sources say that the CAG doesn`t have the mandate to conduct such an audit of the companies.
While AAP maintains that this audit will help get back the unfair profits of the Delhi discoms.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion on clashes at JNU over Afzal Guru row
- DNA: JNU students clash over Afzal Guru row
- JNU students call terrorist Afzal Guru a martyr amid anti-nationalist slogans
- PM Modi breaks protocol to receive Abu Dhabi Crown Prince Al Nahyan
- Panel discussion on clashes at JNU over Afzal Guru row- Part II
- Drunk girl creates ruckus in Delhi's Connaught Place; arrested - Watch
- JNU erupts over 'Shaheed Afzal Guru', 'Azad Kashmir'; rival student groups clash, police deployed
- AAP poster showing Arvind Kejriwal with Bhindranwale sparks row in Punjab
- Video of Hanumanthappa's rescue that went viral on social media is fake - Watch
- Digangana Suryavanshi chops off her mane on Salman Khan's advice—See pics!