CAG audit of private power companies to begin today
Zee Media Bureau
New Delhi: Comptroller & Auditor General (CAG) audit of private power distribution companies will start from Thursdday after Aam Aadmi Party (AAP) government stood his ground stating that there are enough reasons to audit the companies.
“I don`t see a reason why audit of power companies shouldn`t be done,” Kejriwal had earlier told reporters when he was quizzed on the issue.
Auditing the power companies was one of the poll manifestos made by the party.
Delhi has three discoms - BSES Yamuna Power Ltd., BSES Rajdhani Power Ltd. and Tata Power Delhi Distribution Ltd.
Despite the opposition by the power companies to audit them, the Delhi government decided to go ahead with the decision to audit them.
The power companies sources say that the CAG doesn`t have the mandate to conduct such an audit of the companies.
While AAP maintains that this audit will help get back the unfair profits of the Delhi discoms.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Highlights - India vs England 2nd ODI in Cuttack
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- DNA: Manish Sisodia faces CBI probe over alleged irregularities in 'Talk To AK' programme
- Pawan, a BE student develops smart dustbin -Watch
- Donald Trump to be sworn in as 45th US President today
- WATCH: MS Dhoni asks Jasprit Bumrah to go easy after he hurriedly ran out England skipper Eoin Morgan
- Accused of Muslim-bias on visa applications, Sushma Swaraj hits back
- WATCH: How MS Dhoni saved Yuvraj Singh's wicket with another successful DRS review
- Cuttack ODI: Umpire Kumar Dharmasena messes up DRS review, twitter couldn't stop trolling
- India vs England: After Virender Sehwag, Sachin Tendulkar gives Piers Morgan cricketing gyan