CAG audit of private power companies to begin today
Zee Media Bureau
New Delhi: Comptroller & Auditor General (CAG) audit of private power distribution companies will start from Thursdday after Aam Aadmi Party (AAP) government stood his ground stating that there are enough reasons to audit the companies.
“I don`t see a reason why audit of power companies shouldn`t be done,” Kejriwal had earlier told reporters when he was quizzed on the issue.
Auditing the power companies was one of the poll manifestos made by the party.
Delhi has three discoms - BSES Yamuna Power Ltd., BSES Rajdhani Power Ltd. and Tata Power Delhi Distribution Ltd.
Despite the opposition by the power companies to audit them, the Delhi government decided to go ahead with the decision to audit them.
The power companies sources say that the CAG doesn`t have the mandate to conduct such an audit of the companies.
While AAP maintains that this audit will help get back the unfair profits of the Delhi discoms.
- Deepika Padukone in Salman Khan’s ‘Tubelight’? Kabir Khan has an answer
- Donald Trump the `presumptive` White House nominee as Cruz crashes out
- Karan Singh Grover’s words for Bipasha Basu will restore your faith in love – Check them out
- Champions League: After knocking out Bayern Munich, Atletico Madrid ready to write history
- Premier League triumph: Leicester City's 'magic' hailed globally as the party goes on