CAG raps AIIMS, Asiatic Society
New Delhi: The CAG has rapped the AIIMS here for making unauthorised expenditure on its faculty for learning resource allowance against Health Ministry instructions and for making excess payments on procurement of surgical items.
The CAG in its report in its audit report of central autonomous bodies, tabled in Parliament today, also slammed the Asiatic Society, Kolkata, for extending undue benefits of Rs 3.09 crore to its employees, which were inconsistent with the provisions of Sixth Pay Commission recommendations and modified assured career progression scheme.
"The cumulative effect of irregular pay fixation, inappropriate implementation of MACPS and irregular grant of additional increment resulted in undue benefits of Rs 3.09 crore to employees, of which Rs 1.38 crore has already been paid (October 2012). The remaining amount could not be paid for want of adequate funds," the CAG said in its report on Asiatic Society.
The CAG also said, "it routinely extended the services of staff beyond superannuation age."
About the All India Institute of Medical Sciences, New Delhi, the CAG said, it reimbursed learning resource allowance to its faculty members and Group A officers in violation of instructions of the Ministry.
"All India Institute of Medical Sciences was reimbursing learning resource allowance (LRA) upto Rs 20,000 per annum to its faculty since April 2000. The allowance was aimed to help faculty members for enrolling in scientific societies and purchase of books, journals and other learning resource material," the CAG said.
It further said that the delay in initiating tendering process resulted in procurement of surgical items at higher prices resulting in avoidable payment of Rs 51.53 lakh.
The CAG said though it has sought the comments of the Ministry of Health and Family Welfare and the Ministry of Culture, both have not yet replied to its queries.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- India- America joint military exercise begins in Ranikhet
- Exclusive: This is what Kashmir's stone pelters have to say!
- India to activate laser walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- Panel discussion on 'Most Favoured Nation' status India accorded to Pakistan in 1996
- Former bureaucrat BK Bansal commits suicide along with his son at Delhi residence
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- Did Arvind Kejriwal tweet in favour of Pakistan over Uri attacks? Here is what Twitter says
- Rameez Raja picks all-time XI - Three Indians, but just one Pakistani make it to the list
- This Hindu-dominated village in West Bengal is not allowed to organise Durga Puja as Muslims don't want it
- As Pakistan gloats over hosting 70 Russians, 250 Indian Army soldiers renew bonds in Vladivostok