CBI seeks MHA sanction to file OSA charge sheet ag
New Delhi: CBI has sought sanction of the Home Ministry to a file charge sheet against arms dealer Abhishek Verma in the official secrets case relating to confidential defence ministry documents provided by his estranged associate C Edmond Allen.
CBI Director A P Singh said here today that charge sheet in the case would be filed after clearance is received from the Home Ministry which is mandatory in cases relating to the Official Secrets Act.
Singh said a request has already been sent to the Ministry and after getting a response, the agency would proceed to file the charge sheet.
The CBI had registered a case against Verma and unkwown government officials after a formal complaint was received from the defence ministry stating that documents purportedly provided by US-based attorney C Edmond Allen, Verma`s business associate, were classified and violated OSA.
It was decided to register a case against Verma and unknown officials of defence ministry under section three of OSA (passing on sensitive information) and 120-B (Criminal conspiracy).
Allen had purportedly provided documents which deal with acquisition and future plans of the defence forces to CBI and other investigating agencies.
The sources claimed that Allen had alleged that these were provided by Verma to show his influence in defence circles.
The documents include acquisition plans for next five years for the Indian Air Force and some of them relate to acquisition of UAVs and related system besides infrastructure developed by the IAF.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Samajwadi Party-Congress alliance just a compulsion for Akhilesh Yadav?
- BMC election results 2017: Shiv Sena ahead as single largest party
- UP polls: When fans played spoilsport for SP star campaigner Dimple Yadav
- UP polls: Top 5 highlights of PM Modi's speech in Bahraich
- Have political parties diverted from development agenda in UP elections?
- BMC election 2017 results LIVE: BJP wins 82 seats in nail-biting finish, Shiv Sena 84; Uddhav, Fadnavis non-committal on alliance
- Reliance Jio Vs Airtel free data plan: A comparison
- How Kashmiris use children for 'meri jaan Pakistan' type 'freedom struggle' - WATCH
- Maharashtra Civic Poll Results 2017 LIVE: Shiv Sena leads in Mumbai but BJP the big winner
- Solapur Municipal Corporation Elections 2017: Shiv Sena wins, BJP runners-up