`CCTV mandatory for all Gurgaon toll plazas`
Gurgaon: The Gurgaon authorities on Friday invoked Section 144 of the Criminal Procedure Act, 1973 and directed the managers and owners to install CCTV cameras of good quality at their toll plazas within 10 days, an official said.
These CCTV cameras should have data storage capacity of at least a month.
In the orders issued here, Gurgaon district magistrate (DM) Shekhar Vidyarthi said there are seven points for collection of toll tax on national highways, inter-state roads and other roads passing through the revenue estate of Gurgaon district.
"It has been brought to the notice of district administration that these toll tax collection points have not been equipped with CCTV cameras despite their absolute necessity," he observed.
"There have been reports of crime against property and people in the state. In some of these cases, the criminals after committing crime try to escape to a neighbouring district or city to save themselves by using inter-district or city roads," he said.
He added: "During investigation, they (criminals and their vehicle) can`t be identified or recognised in the absence of any videographed clue. Hence, it is of utmost importance that CCTV cameras should be installed at all the toll plazas or toll taxes."
"This order has come into immediate effect and action will be initiated under section 188 of the IPC (Indian Penal Code) for any violation or non-compliance," official further added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Complete analysis of APJ Abdul Kalam's life and achievements
- 6 leaders were in contact with Dawood Ibrahim till 26/11: Report
- Rameswaram waits to give final salute to Dr Abdul Kalam
- Last rites of Gurdaspur attack martyr Baljit Singh in Kapurthala
- SC order on Yakub Memon huge disappointment, setback: Owaisi
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral: Why Rameswaram was chosen over New Delhi?
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral to be held in Rameswaram; PM Modi to attend
- LIVE: Yakub Memon buried at Chandanwadi's Bada Kabristan in Mumbai
- Has President Pranab Mukherjee rejected Yakub Memon's mercy plea?
- SC refuses stay on Yakub Memon's hanging: As it happened