CEC appointed for JNU students' union polls
New Delhi: The election process of Jawaharlal Nehru University (JNU) students' union was on Tuesday set in motion with the appointment of chief election commissioner along with constitution of an election body.
In a meeting convened by the Jawaharlal Nehru Students' Union (JNUSU), Dileep Maurya, a third year PhD student of the School of International Studies (SIS) was unanimously appointed as the chief election commissioner (CEC), general secretary of JNUSU Sandeep Saurav said.
The election body, comprising the CEC along with members from various schools of JNU, will soon meet to select the dates of the election, which may be held in September.
The name of the CEC is proposed by the JNUSU and has to be unanimously accepted by the election body, members of which are selected in the general body meetings (GBM) of various schools in the varsity.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Vladimir Putin rages as Turkey shoots down Russian plane
- I was shivering while interviewing Nirbhaya's friend, says Ramnath Goenka awardee Sudhir Chaudhary
- Intolerance issue: Proud to be Indian, won't leave country, says Aamir Khan
- If India was intolerant, then Kiran Rao wouldn't have married Aamir Khan: Baba Ramdev
- Army camp attacked in J&K's Kupwara; three JeM terrorists, one civilian killed