CEC appointed for JNU students' union polls
New Delhi: The election process of Jawaharlal Nehru University (JNU) students' union was on Tuesday set in motion with the appointment of chief election commissioner along with constitution of an election body.
In a meeting convened by the Jawaharlal Nehru Students' Union (JNUSU), Dileep Maurya, a third year PhD student of the School of International Studies (SIS) was unanimously appointed as the chief election commissioner (CEC), general secretary of JNUSU Sandeep Saurav said.
The election body, comprising the CEC along with members from various schools of JNU, will soon meet to select the dates of the election, which may be held in September.
The name of the CEC is proposed by the JNUSU and has to be unanimously accepted by the election body, members of which are selected in the general body meetings (GBM) of various schools in the varsity.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Virat Kohli, Anushka Sharma announce their break-up officially: Report
- Awkward! Watch Aditi Rao Hydari speaks about Farhan Akhtar’s divorce!
- Shahi Imam meets PM Modi, demands innocent Muslims must not be harassed in name of fighting ISIS
- Mulayam, Akhilesh scared of me; not allowing Muslim leaders in SP to speak up, alleges Asaduddin Owaisi
- 12 men rape British teen girl for over 13 months; slapped with 140 years in jail