CEC appointed for JNU students' union polls
New Delhi: The election process of Jawaharlal Nehru University (JNU) students' union was on Tuesday set in motion with the appointment of chief election commissioner along with constitution of an election body.
In a meeting convened by the Jawaharlal Nehru Students' Union (JNUSU), Dileep Maurya, a third year PhD student of the School of International Studies (SIS) was unanimously appointed as the chief election commissioner (CEC), general secretary of JNUSU Sandeep Saurav said.
The election body, comprising the CEC along with members from various schools of JNU, will soon meet to select the dates of the election, which may be held in September.
The name of the CEC is proposed by the JNUSU and has to be unanimously accepted by the election body, members of which are selected in the general body meetings (GBM) of various schools in the varsity.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion on BJP MLAs assaulting legislator Rashid inside J&K Assembly
- Watch: How Russian special forces Spetsnaz will end terror of ISIS
- Vladimir Putin's attack on ISIS making America and NATO nations uneasy?
- Watch: Man beheads wife; roams on streets with severed head in Pune
- Greater Noida women blames UP police for stripping off their clothes
- Latest condition of Navjot Singh Sidhu: Sherry Paaji making steady recovery!
- FIR against Asaduddin Owaisi for posting objectionable picture of Yogi Adityanath on Facebook
- Man beheads wife over suspicion of illicit relationship, walks on road with her head
- Shocking! Saudi employer chops off Indian maid's hands
- Salman Khan's songs: Best five!