Chidambaram diverting from 2G issue: BJP
New Delhi: BJP on Wednesday accused Home Minister
P Chidambaram of "diverting" the issue of his alleged
complicity in the 2G spectrum scam by charging the Opposition
of attacking on his stand against right-wing terror.
It also asked him to the clear the air instead of hiding
"Instead of answering our two straight questions,
Chidambaram is diverting the subject to an unrelated topic of
right-wing terror. Nation does not want to hear his sermons on
left or right terror but on his role in the daylight robbery
in 2G spectrum," BJP spokesperson Prakash Javadekar said.
The BJP maintained that Chidambaram, who was Finance
Minister when 2G spectrum was alloted, is offering a "bizarre
explanation" on FDI in Unitech and SWAN.
"The issue is not just technical whether the
participation of telecom companies is a sale of shares or
divestment. The issue is whether the owners share has got
diluted or not?" Javadekar asked.
He added that it is also pertinent whether these "so
called fresh shares" would have fetched the price, which they
have fetched without Unitech and SWAN having 2G licenses.
"Chidambaram knows very well that substance of
transaction is more important than the form of transaction,"
He claimed that Chidambaram had also evaded the second
question asked by the BJP.
"Why did he suddenly change his stand from auction and
agreed with A Raja`s price formula in July, 2008? Mr.
Chidambram, you owe a straight answer to our straight
questions," Javadekar said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Maysore Maharaja Yaduveer ties knot with princess Trishika of Dungarpur
- India becomes full member of Missile Technology Control Regime
- Singapore Airlines plane catches fire at Changi Airport
- Govt's insensitivity towards Pampore terror attack martyrs leaves nation stunned
- Mysore Maharaja Yaduveer Wadiar ties knot with princess Trishika Singh of Dungarpur, Rajasthan
- Seven hospitalized in California stabbing at neo-Nazi rally
- I respect martyrdom but you're trained to kill enemy, not to die - Manohar Parrikar told jawans
- Pampore attack: Did CRPF ignore specific intelligence input from Jammu and Kashmir Police?
- Euro 2016: Belgium beat Hungary 4-0 to reach quarterfinal as Yannick Carrasco scores final goal
- Singapore Airlines flight caught fire during emergency landing at Changi Airport - Details here