Chidambaram visits Jawaharlal Nehru stadium
New Delhi: Just hours before the opening
ceremony for the 19th Commonwealth Games, Union Home Minister
P Chidambaram on Sunday visited the Jawahralal Nehru stadium here
to check the extensive security arrangements.
Dressed in a brown t-shirt and cream coloured trousers
and sporting sunglasses, Chidambaram walked around the campus
speaking to senior police officials.
Asked if he was satisfied with the security arrangements,
a smiling Chidambaram told PTI, "Ask me on October 14 and I
will tell you."
Interestingly, his Personal Security Officer (PSO) was
not with him.
While visiting a stadium few days ago, Chidambaram was
frisked and his PSO not allowed to enter with him as he did
not carry an accreditation pass.
The Minister had earlier in the day also visited the Main
Press Centre in Pragati Maidan.
Security for the sporting extravaganza has been one of
the most emphasised point by both foreign delegations and the
Though Delhi Police Commissioner Y S Dadwal is the
overall in-charge of the security for the Games, the Home
Ministry has been keeping a close tab on all arrangements with
Chidambaram taking a keen interest.
- Two more days to put out forest fire in Uttarakhand, says Prakash Javadekar
- Nagaland HSLC (Class 10) Result 2016 to be declared today on May 3 at 12 noon
- Nagaland HSSLC (Class 12 on May ) Result 2016 to be declared today 3 at 12 noon
- VVIP chopper cam: Ex-IAF chief SP Tyagi reaches CBI office for questioning
- Barack Obama has wish about Osama bin Laden`s last moments