Cold winds continue to lash the national capital
New Delhi: Piercing cold wave continued
to sweep the capital on Thursday even as the mercury climbed
slightly to settle at 6 degree Celsius.
Yesterday, the minimum was 5.2 degree Celsius.
The MET department has predicted a comparatively
warmer New Year with minimum and maximum temperature expected
to hover around 7 and 21 degree Celsius respectively.
A thin layer of fog engulfed the city but there was no
disruption in flights at the airport as the runaway
visibility was above 1000 mts.
The forecast of the MET department said that there may
be fog in the morning tomorrow with mainly a clear sky
throughout the day.
In 2008, the lowest minimum of the month was 6.4
degree Celsius recorded on December 26 while in 2007, it was
3.9 degrees on December 29. The record for 2006 was 7.3 degree
Celsius on November 29.
The all-time record for minimum temperature was
recorded on December 26 of 1945 when the mercury dipped to
1.1 degree Celsius.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof