Compensation scheme for rape, trafficking victims
New Delhi: Delhi Government on Monday approved a comprehensive compensation scheme for victims of rape, acid attacks, human trafficking, child abuse and kidnapping.
Under the scheme, approved by the Delhi Cabinet, a rape victim will get a maximum compensation of Rs three lakh and a minimum of Rs two lakh within two months of the crime.
In case of death, a maximum compensation of Rs five lakh and a minimum of Rs three lakh will be given to the family of the victim.
The Cabinet meeting, presided over by Chief Minister Sheila Dikshit, has decided to set aside Rs 15 crore for the scheme which was formulated by Home Ministry.
An acid attack victim will be given compensation in the range of Rs 2 to Rs 3 lakh in case of disfigurement of the face while other victims will be given Rs 50,000.
The victims of human trafficking, child abuse and kidnapping will be given compensation of Rs 50,000. The scheme also envisages providing an amount of Rs 20,000 for rehabilitation of the victims.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
More from Health
- PM Narendra Modi's speech at Heart of Asia conference
- India-Afghanistan thrash Pakistan over terrorism issue in Heart of Asia conference
- Gujarat: Goods train engine catches fire in Surat
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition extremely grave
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa suffers cardiac arrest; being monitored
- Fake or Real? 'Alien animal' caught on Karnataka-Kerala border
- People want to know whether Jayalalithaa is alive or not; PM Narendra Modi must intervene, says expelled AIADMK MP Sasikala Pushpa
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition continues to remain critical after suffering cardiac arrest
- Jayalalithaa's health condition: Amma critical, nation's political fraternity expresses concern - Who said what
- Jayalalithaa's health condition: AIADMK member from Cuddalore dies after seeing news about Tamil Nadu CM's cardiac arrest