Confusion at Delhi University exam
New Delhi: Confusion prevailed at examination
centres of Delhi University on Wednesday following alleged
discrepancies in the instructions of a qualifying paper.
At the centre of the problem was the ‘Reading Gandhi’
paper for which students of BA (Hons) first year had appeared.
The teachers invigilating at the examination centres said the
instructions printed in the question papers stated that the
questions were of 50 marks and were to be completed in a two
However, near the submission time of the paper, colleges
were notified that the students have to answer an additional
question and the paper has to be completed in three hours.
But by the time the notification came, many students had
already submitted the papers, teachers claimed.
"At 11.15 - receiving time written and accepted duly -
the college received a notification from the university saying
that the paper should be 3 hours and 75 marks and students
should do 1 more question.
"Of course by 11.15 most of the students had handed in
their papers and left and so there was no question of giving
the rest that extra hour," said Prof Vinita Chandra of Ramjas
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- Opposition observes 'black day' to mark one month of demonetisation
- Panel discussion over continuous chaos in Parliament on demonetisation
- Panel discussion on the decision of demonetisation
- Zee Media Exclusive: A reality check on public opinion on notes ban!
- Was Rahul Gandhi smiling during Jayalalithaa's funeral? Twitter users share pictures as proof
- Yuvraj Singh-Hazel Keech Reception: MS Dhoni, Sourav Ganguly, Virender Sehwag attend lavish party — PHOTOS INSIDE
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional
- Reliance Jio effect: Airtel offers free unlimited local and STD calls with 4G data at Rs 145
- PM Narendra Modi ropes in Nandan Nilekani to boost process of digital payments post demonetisation