Cong asks Asaram Bapu to withdraw his comments
New Delhi: Congress on Monday asked Asaram Bapu to withdraw his remark suggesting that the Delhi gang-rape victim was equally responsible for the crime.
"It is unfortunate that responsible people are making such statements. Some strange statements are coming from some quarters. They should refrain from making such remarks and withdraw the remarks," Congress spokesman P C Chacko told reporters.
He was asked to comment on Asaram Bapu`s remarks suggesting that the Delhi gangrape victim was equally responsible for the crime and she could have called her the assailants brothers and begged them to stop.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Exclusive: Chat with 'Jazbaa' stars Aishwarya Rai and Irrfan Khan!
- Delhi government to add environment tax in electricity bill
- AAP govt suggests four-fold hike in MLAs salaries
- DNA: Indian Army's 'Phantom Guns’ to defend border with Pakistan
- Shaheed Express train's freight coach catches fire on Ludhiana railway station
- India vs South Africa 2015: 3rd T20I - Preview
- Modi govt turns down IAF's request for more foreign fighter planes, pushes for Made-in-India Tejas
- Indrani Mukerjea back in jail; claims did not take pills, was upset because of mother's death
- Unbelievable! Crops destroyed for Congress vice president Rahul Gandhi's rally in Karnataka
- Asaduddin Owaisi's brother Akbaruddin in trouble over poll speech, arrest warrant issued