Cong thanks UPA allies, supporting parties for Hamid Ansari`s ‘huge’ win
New Delhi: Congress on Tuesday thanked its UPA allies and supporting parties for ensuring the "huge victory" of Hamid Ansari in the Vice Presidential elections.
"It is a big victory... In the presidential election, the gap was three-fourth and now also there is a big margin," party spokesperson Janardhan Dwivedi said.
He said it would have been better had the opposition accepted it gracefully (and should have avoided fight).
"One good thing is that at least this time there has not been baseless allegations," he said in an apparent reference to defeated Presidential poll candidate PA Sangma`s remarks soon after the results were out.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi addressing rally in Imphal
- Will Shiv Sena join hands with Congress to stop BJP from entering BMC?
- Panel discussion on Farooq Abdullah's remark on terrorists
- Report: Are mobile smartphones more unhygienic than toilet seats?
- DNA: Why depression cases are increasing rapidly in India?
- Ind vs Aus: Mohammed Azharuddin says Jayant Yadav and Ishant Sharma should be replaced in next Test
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's epic celebration after destroying Lahore Qalandars in Dubai
- Indian doctor rescued from ISIS recounts horror, says 'they forced me to watch videos, shot me thrice'
- Mitchell Johnson takes a dig at Anil Kumble over calling Steve O'Keefe 'steady'
- India vs Australia, 1st Test, Day 3: As it happened...