Congress protests against Delhi power crisis
New Delhi: Congress workers on Thursday carried out a protest against the ongoing electricity and water crisis in Delhi. The protest comes a day after Congress MLA Jai Kishan`s hunger strike against the prolonged crisis.
Workers were seen raising slogans against Prime Minister Narendra Modi, the Bhartiya Janata Party and Aam Aadmi Party leader Arvind Kejriwal.
People were also spotted with effigies of Arvind Kejriwal, and banners against the BJP.
Congress leaders slammed the government for making false promises to the people and had demanded reduction in power bills. They said that the reason behind the protest was that under BJP`s rule people are not getting power for seven to eight hours, unlike when Congress was in power.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of problems of unemployement in India
- DNA: Analysis of how car makers are playing with people's life
- DNA: Analysis of increasing trade of terror, laudanum and fake currency in Malda
- DNA: Analysis of increasing trade of terror, laudanum and fake currency in Malda- Part II
- DNA: A plane landed at -100 degree celsius to rescue a worker
- Colombian president, rebel chief sign cease-fire
- Argentina's President Macri has successful knee operation
- Euro 2016, Round of 16: Poland vs Switzerland - Preview
- Vacation alert! Aishwarya Rai Bachchan and hubby Abhishek Bachchan set on a family sojourn—Details inside
- Crashed EgyptAir black boxes to go to France for repairs