Congress protests against Delhi power crisis
New Delhi: Congress workers on Thursday carried out a protest against the ongoing electricity and water crisis in Delhi. The protest comes a day after Congress MLA Jai Kishan`s hunger strike against the prolonged crisis.
Workers were seen raising slogans against Prime Minister Narendra Modi, the Bhartiya Janata Party and Aam Aadmi Party leader Arvind Kejriwal.
People were also spotted with effigies of Arvind Kejriwal, and banners against the BJP.
Congress leaders slammed the government for making false promises to the people and had demanded reduction in power bills. They said that the reason behind the protest was that under BJP`s rule people are not getting power for seven to eight hours, unlike when Congress was in power.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- ATM virus attack: Users of debit cards under threat!
- Security guard beats woman journalist publicly in Pakistan
- Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K's Hiranagar; 7 Pak Rangers killed, BSF jawan injured
- ISIS terrorists escape Mosul disguised in women's clothing
- DNA: Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K's Hiranagar; Seven Pak Rangers killed
- MS Dhoni reacts in astonishment as Axar Patel takes a stunning one-handed catch - VIDEO
- BSP shrugs off Rita Bahuguna 's jump; says BJP will still face defeat in UP polls
- Navjot Singh Sidhu out on zero to Waqar Younis in 1990 – The match Kapil Sharma keeps talking about
- MS Dhoni or Virat Kohli? Here's Virender Sehwag's best ever reply
- Sushant Singh Rajput’s former girlfriend Ankita Lokhande’s Karva Chauth photos will surprise you