Congress slams AAP for politicising rapes in Delhi
New Delhi: The Congress on Wednesday slammed Aam Aadmi Party (AAP) for putting up posters that claim rapes would continue in this city if the Congress was voted to power in the Assembly elections slated for this year-end.
Put up in east Delhi way ahead of the polls, the posters depict Delhi Chief Minister Sheila Dikshit as "corrupt" and AAP chief Arvind Kejriwal "honest". The posters say: "If people continue to vote for the corrupt, rapes will keep taking place in Delhi."
The posters have miffed the Congress, which has said that Kejriwal has hit a new low in his desperate attempts to capture attention.
"What do you expect from a man like Kejriwal? He is dishonest and is encashing on such (rape) issues," Congress spokesperson Renuka Choudhary told a news channel.
"People will teach him a lesson and give him a fitting reply when he goes to the polls," she added.
An unperturbed Kejriwal defended the posters and said there was a "fear psychosis" among the people, especially women in Delhi, and Dikshit`s government and police have done nothing to help.
"A woman who is raped in Delhi wants justice, but this government is talking about reforms. What reforms? The rapists are creating a fear psychosis in Delhi`s women and they are talking about reforms," Kejriwal said.
"I am not against reforms but this government does not have the political will to bring reforms," he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- I eat beef, can somebody stop me?: Kiren Rijiju hits back at Naqvi
- Delhi: Visually impaired boy scores 91.4% in CBSE 12th Board exams
- MP: 14-year-old boy works as bonded labour since 2009
- UP: Man chops off wife's nose, hair for dowry
- Zee Media Exclusive: The plight of yoga expert Tejaswi Sharma
- Woman denied flat in Mumbai for being a Muslim
- Heat ave continues in India, death toll climbs to over 1,400
- 4 Indians in Forbes' 100 most powerful women list
- Gujjar stir: HC asks Rajasthan govt to clear rail track, roads
- Megastar Amitabh Bachchan slapped with Rs 1 crore notice
- Kenyan lawyer offers to marry Barack Obama's daughter Malia
- Gujjar stir: HC asks Rajasthan govt to clear rail track, roads- Part II
- AIB: The 'Third Gender's right to dignity'
- Salman Khan accident files burnt in Mantralaya fire
- Maggi likely to face ban in India!
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 to be announced today
- Check mahresult.nic.in for MSBSHSE Maharashtra Class 12 HSC Result 2015
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 (cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in) postponed?
- Maharashtra MSBSHSE HSC Result 2015 on mahresult.nic.in
- I was misquoted, says Kiren Rijiju on 'beef' remark
- First look: Salman Khan steals thunder in `Bajrangi Bhaijaan`
- Check cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in for CBSE Class 10 Result 2015
- mahresult.nic.in updated with MSBSHSE Maharashtra HSC Class XII Result 2015
- Manmohan Singh defends himself on 2G charge, slams Modi govt for 'carbon copy' schemes
- CBSE Class 10 (Class X Board) Result 2015 on cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in at 2 pm
- Sonia Gandhi 'unconstitutional authority' during UPA: PM Narendra Modi
- Hours after attacking NDA govt, Manmohan Singh meets PM Narendra Modi
- Reservation stir: Five percent job quota to Gujjars unlikely, hints Rajasthan govt
- PMO website revamped, now send e-mail to PM Modi directly
- Death toll climbs to over 1400 as intense heatwave continues in India