Congress slams AAP for politicising rapes in Delhi
New Delhi: The Congress on Wednesday slammed Aam Aadmi Party (AAP) for putting up posters that claim rapes would continue in this city if the Congress was voted to power in the Assembly elections slated for this year-end.
Put up in east Delhi way ahead of the polls, the posters depict Delhi Chief Minister Sheila Dikshit as "corrupt" and AAP chief Arvind Kejriwal "honest". The posters say: "If people continue to vote for the corrupt, rapes will keep taking place in Delhi."
The posters have miffed the Congress, which has said that Kejriwal has hit a new low in his desperate attempts to capture attention.
"What do you expect from a man like Kejriwal? He is dishonest and is encashing on such (rape) issues," Congress spokesperson Renuka Choudhary told a news channel.
"People will teach him a lesson and give him a fitting reply when he goes to the polls," she added.
An unperturbed Kejriwal defended the posters and said there was a "fear psychosis" among the people, especially women in Delhi, and Dikshit`s government and police have done nothing to help.
"A woman who is raped in Delhi wants justice, but this government is talking about reforms. What reforms? The rapists are creating a fear psychosis in Delhi`s women and they are talking about reforms," Kejriwal said.
"I am not against reforms but this government does not have the political will to bring reforms," he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath takes 50 decisions without single Cabinet meet
- Triple talaq, polygamy integral part of Islam: AIMPLB tells SC
- Triple Talaq: Why AIMPLB are opposing the petitions filed in Supreme Court?
- Legal, illegal slaughterhouses in UP: What you need to know
- DNA: Should strict action be taken against stone pelters of J&K?
- Kapil Sharma–Sunil Grover fallout: Kiku Sharda finally breaks silence
- Chinese national insults Indian flag, throws it in dustbin outside Noida Oppo office; massive protest takes place
- Left to die on road, pregnant Lucknow woman writes to PM Narendra Modi to end 'triple talaq', says 'I voted for BJP'
- Here's why Donald Trump called PM Narendra Modi
- Gautam Gambhir gives Aussies perfect send-off, says true champions let their game do all the talking!