Constable, friend arrested for raping woman in car sent to JC
New Delhi: A traffic police constable and
his friend, arrested for allegedly raping a woman in a moving
car here, were today sent to 14 days of judicial custody by a
Metropolitan Magistrate Jitender Mishra sent constable
Manoj Kumar and Sudhir to jail till June 7 after police
submitted that they did not require to quiz them in custody.
The accused duo, who were on friendly terms with the
victim, an insurance agent, had dined together at her rented
accommodation on the night of May 23 and later they went out
together in a car, police said.
According to the victim, police said, the constable and
his friend overpowered her and took turns to rape her inside
the car. She was dropped at her house on Monday morning.
The woman approached police in the evening after which a
medical examination was conducted. The tests confirmed rape
and the constable and his friend were arrested.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dausa car crash: Hema Malini injured, child killed; MP's driver booked for over speeding
- Islamic State trying to gain foothold in Pakistan-occupied Kashmir: Army
- UPSC announces Civil Services Examination 2014 results; women bag top four positions
- Kapil Sharma shares pic with Salman Khan; ‘Comedy Nights...’ to go off air
- Wimbledon: Novak Djokovic, Maria Sharapova cruise into last 16