Constable, friend arrested for raping woman in car sent to JC
New Delhi: A traffic police constable and
his friend, arrested for allegedly raping a woman in a moving
car here, were today sent to 14 days of judicial custody by a
Metropolitan Magistrate Jitender Mishra sent constable
Manoj Kumar and Sudhir to jail till June 7 after police
submitted that they did not require to quiz them in custody.
The accused duo, who were on friendly terms with the
victim, an insurance agent, had dined together at her rented
accommodation on the night of May 23 and later they went out
together in a car, police said.
According to the victim, police said, the constable and
his friend overpowered her and took turns to rape her inside
the car. She was dropped at her house on Monday morning.
The woman approached police in the evening after which a
medical examination was conducted. The tests confirmed rape
and the constable and his friend were arrested.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- Call up this number and get Reliance Jio's SIM for sure
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor
- Govt calls meet on Indus Water Treaty; Water Resources Ministry, MEA to brief PM Modi