Court remands Godman ‘Ichhadhari’ to jail till April 30
New Delhi: A Delhi court on Saturday extended by
14 days the judicial custody of self-styled Godman Shiv Murat
Dwivedi who is accused of running a flesh trade racket here.
"The accused Dwivedi and Praveen Kumar are remanded to
jail till April 30," Additional Sessions Judge S K Sarvaria
Dwivedi alias Ichchadhari Sant Swami Bhimanand Ji Maharaj
Chitrakootwale, who was initially booked under the Immoral
Traffic (Prevention) (ITP) Act, was later charged under
harsher provisions of Maharashtra Control of Organised Crimes
Act (MCOCA) for running the sex racket in and around the
Earlier, the accused had filed an application alleging
that he was forced to sign on blank papers to cook up his
confessional statement recorded under MCOCA. Police, however,
denied the allegations.
Dwivedi, allegedly involved in four cases under ITP Act
and one case of robbery, was arrested on March nine under
The godman was alleged to have earned crores of rupees
through the sex racket and has properties worth Rs one crore
at various places. He is also accused of running a website for
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- What Muslims think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Anti-Romeo squad launched: Has moral policing started in UP?
- Martyrs' Day: Nation remembers Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev and Rajguru for their sacrifice
- London terrorist attack leaves five dead, including police officer
- Do not put unnecessary pressure on police: PM Modi tells UP BJP MPs
- Hukumdev Narain Yadav to be new Vice-President of India?
- 400 Trinamool Congress members including many TMC stalwarts join BJP in Tripura
- Unable to meet educational expenses, Muslim girl writes to PM Narendra Modi – Know what happened next
- Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev, Rajguru were hanged on 23 March 1931 – This is how PM Modi paid tribute today
- Mulayam Singh Yadav's son Prateek, his daughter-in-law Aparna meet UP CM Yogi Adityanath - Know why