Court remands Godman ‘Ichhadhari’ to jail till April 30
New Delhi: A Delhi court on Saturday extended by
14 days the judicial custody of self-styled Godman Shiv Murat
Dwivedi who is accused of running a flesh trade racket here.
"The accused Dwivedi and Praveen Kumar are remanded to
jail till April 30," Additional Sessions Judge S K Sarvaria
Dwivedi alias Ichchadhari Sant Swami Bhimanand Ji Maharaj
Chitrakootwale, who was initially booked under the Immoral
Traffic (Prevention) (ITP) Act, was later charged under
harsher provisions of Maharashtra Control of Organised Crimes
Act (MCOCA) for running the sex racket in and around the
Earlier, the accused had filed an application alleging
that he was forced to sign on blank papers to cook up his
confessional statement recorded under MCOCA. Police, however,
denied the allegations.
Dwivedi, allegedly involved in four cases under ITP Act
and one case of robbery, was arrested on March nine under
The godman was alleged to have earned crores of rupees
through the sex racket and has properties worth Rs one crore
at various places. He is also accused of running a website for
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- DNA: Analysis over who is responsible for tense condition of Kashmir after Burhan Wani's death?
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- All you need to know about Reliance JioFi at Rs 1,999 – use free data till December 31
- Call up this number and get Reliance Jio's SIM for sure
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- If you have guts, send your suicide bombers to Pakistan: Samajwadi Party to MNS' Raj Thackeray