CSec-Badarpur metro trial extended to Sarita Vihar
New Delhi: Racing against time to open the
Central Secretariat-Badarpur corridor before the Commonwealth
Games, the Delhi Metro today extended trial runs on the route
till Sarita Vihar following energization of the Over-Head
Electrification (0HE) in the section.
The 21-km Standard Gauge line is scheduled to be opened
to public by the end of this month and is crucial for the
Games as it provides connectivity to Jawaharlal Nehru
Stadium, the main venue of the Games.
With this, the trial runs have been extended to Jasola
and Sarita Vihar metro stations and also to Sarita Vihar Depot
covering a total of 15km, DMRC spokesman Anuj Dayal said.
The whole stretch, on which the trial is being conducted
at present, covers 13 metro stations.
Earlier, the trial run was extended from Lajpat Nagar to
Okhla on September 16.
During the trial runs, the interaction of the metro train
with physical infringements (civil structure) will be checked
to ensure there is no physical blockage during the movement of
the train on the track.
The entire signalling system will also undergo rigorous
testing, Dayal said.
Subsequently, the response of the train at different
speed, braking of the train and the interconnection with the
Operations Control Centre (OCC) will also be monitored during
The behaviour of the track system and the Over Head
Electrification (OHE) will be checked repeatedly during all
the trials, the spokesperson said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- DNA: Analysis of Indus water treaty between India and Pakistan
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak - Part II
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor
- Reliance Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB data at 1 GB rate
- Govt calls meet on Indus Water Treaty; Water Resources Ministry, MEA to brief PM Modi