This ad will auto close in 10 seconds

Daughter kills father with help of two friends

Last Updated: Monday, May 5, 2014 - 21:58

New Delhi: A 23-year-old woman, irked by her father`s repeated assaults allegedly killed him with the help of her two friends and took out pacemaker from his chest with a broken piece of glass to ensure that he was dead, police said on Monday while adding that all three have been arrested.
"Kulvinder Kaur had killed her 56-year-old father on the intervening night of April 29 and 30 with the help of two of her friends identified as Prince Sandhu (22) and Ashok Sharma alias Manish alias Goku (23). The trio has been arrested by the staff of Khyala police," said Additional Commissioner of Police (West) Ranvir Singh.

According to police, on the fateful night, Kulvinder Kaur had opened the door of her house to allow Sandhu and Sharma to get in. After entering the house, they overpowered Daljeet Singh who was sleeping with Kaur`s help and then attacked him with a cricket wicket.

"There after they opened his chest with a broken sharp-edged glass and took out the pacemaker. After ensuring his death, they tied his legs and neck with the help of cable wire and dumped the body near a canal in Khayala area of West Delhi which was recovered in the morning by police," said Singh.

Police has recovered the cricket wicket (weapon of offence), blood stained cloths, cable wire, mobile phones of the deceased and the accused and the white Innova car having blood
stains which was used to dump the body.

It took police two days to identify the body. Once the accused came to know that body has been identified they parked the car to some other deserted place in the area of Mohan
Garden, Uttam Nagar.

Once the body was identified, it came to fore that the deceased, Daljeet Singh worked as driver with a travel agency and lived along with his youngest unmarried daughter namely Kulvinder Kaur. His wife had died three years ago while the other two daughters are married and live separately.

"On questioning, Kaur initially told police that her father had left home on April 30 at 5 AM with a car for a tour. But this information later came out to be false. On cross examination, she confessed her involvement in murder of her own father along with her two friends," said Singh.

She claimed that she killed her father because she was repeatedly being assaulted by him after the death of her mother three years ago, police said.

She allegedly also told police that while the two friends had gone out to dump the body, she remained at home and tried to clean the house and blood stains. Forensic experts
have detected blood at various places in the room.

"At her instance, blood stained weapon of offence and clothes were also recovered," said Singh.

Investigation of the case is still in progress, police said.

First Published: Monday, May 5, 2014 - 21:58

More from zeenews

comments powered by Disqus