DDA approves land pooling policy
New Delhi: Delhi`s land owning agency, Delhi Development Authority (DDA), has approved its ambitious land pooling policy that envisages change in the manner land is acquired in the capital.
"This was decided in a meeting of DDA on Friday... Land pooling policy was approved. It will be sent to the Urban Development Ministry for final approval," said a DDA official.
According to the policy, private players will enter the land sector.
DDA will take the land from these players, develop it and then give a chunk of it back to them. This will be done instead of the earlier norm of paying compensation.
The new policy will involve the owner in land development.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak - Part II
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor
- Govt calls meet on Indus Water Treaty; Water Resources Ministry, MEA to brief PM Modi
- Delhi government bans Chinese firecrackers for this Diwali