December 16 gang-rape case: IO denies fabricating
New Delhi: The trial in the December 16 gang-rape case on Monday resumed in a Delhi court after the summer vacation with the investigating officer (IO) rejecting the allegation that she had fabricated evidence.
"It is wrong to suggest that all the accused persons were falsely implicated in the present case," the lady IO, who had initially probed the case, told Additional Sessions Judge Yogesh Khanna.
The officer also refuted the allegation that accused Vinay Sharma was a juvenile at the time of the incident or that he had shown her the clippings of a musical function where he was allegedly present on December 16, 2012 night, when the 23-year-old girl was gang-raped by the six persons in a moving bus here.
The six accused have also brutally assaulted the victim`s male friend, a software engineer, with a iron rod and later dumped both of them on the road side.
"It is wrong to suggest that accused Vinay was juvenile at the time of the incident or that his parents told me so. It is wrong to suggest that Vinay ever showed me the clippings of a musical show in which he was present on the day of the incident," the officer told the court.
She also denied the allegation that accused Akshay Singh was falsely implicated in the case as he was not present in Delhi at the time of commission of the crime.
"It is wrong to suggest that accused Akshay Singh was not present inside the bus at the time of the incident or that he was not in Delhi on that day," she said in response to the cross-examination by the lawyers for Akshay and Vinay.
The lady IO also contended that after the incident, Akshay fled to his native village in Aurangabad in Bihar, from where he was arrested and bought to Delhi.
She further deposed in the court that she had not shown the photographs of Akshay to the complainant, the victim`s friend.
"It is wrong to suggest that I had not got the photographs of Akshay through my staff or that the said photograph were shown to the complainant before the test identification parade (TIP) of Akshay or that said photographs of accused were even shown to police officials involved in the investigation of this case," she said.
The officer also told the court that she had not planted the iron rods, which were allegedly used in the crime, nor had she added the blood of accused on the exhibits (clothes, rods etc) before sending them to the forensic laboratory.
"It is wrong to suggest the iron rods were planted by me or were not got recovered by accused Ram Singh (since deceased). It is wrong to suggest that I planted the blood on the exhibits before seizing them or before sending them to the Central Forensic Science Laboratory (CFSL)," she said.
She is the last prosecution witness in the case in which four persons --Vinay, Akshay, Pawan Gupta and Mukesh--are facing trial for allegedly gang-raping the paramedic student who succumbed to her injuries on December 29 last year at a Singapore hospital.
Ram Singh, the driver of the bus and also an accused, was found dead in Tihar jail in March and proceedings against him stand abated.
A juvenile is facing the inquiry before the juvenile justice board here.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- IAF Mirage fighter plane lands on Yamuna Expressway!
- 'Maggi' under regulatory scanner for excess amount of lead, MSG
- Watch: Michelle Obama's 'Gimme Five' fitness video
- When Subramanian Swamy shocked people at a wedding!
- Mumbaikars join hands to save Pakistani teen with rare illness
- Mumbai: Diamond export company denies job to Muslim youth
- PM Modi speaks at Golden Jubilee celebrations of poet Dinkar’s works
- Aapke Sitare: Astro prediction for May 21, 2015
- Mirage 2000 fighter jet landing was part of capability demonstration: IAF
- DNA: IAF Mirage 2000 fighter plane lands successfully on Yamuna expressway
- Vadodara: Policemen seen dancing with bar girls
- Coal scam: Naveen Jindal, Madhu Koda and others get bail
- DNA: Osama documents show 'Indian brother in Madinah' financed al Qaeda
- One year of Modi govt: Arun Jaitley addresses press conference
- ISIS executes Syrian fighter using anti-tank rocket launcher
- CBSE Class 10 Results 2015 to be announced today?
- IAF jet lands on Yamuna expressway
- Check Jharkhand Board jac.nic.in: Class 12th Art Results 2015 declared
- Fawad Khan doesn’t want intimate scenes with Sonam Kapoor?
- Log on to apeamcet.org AP EAMCET Results 2015: Andhra Pradesh EAMCET Marks and AP EAMCET Ranks 2015 declared
- We hire only non-Muslim candidates, diamond export firm tells Muslim youth
- Is MSG in 'Maggi' noodles harmful for you?
- Mumbai firm booked for denying Muslim MBA graduate job on religious grounds, probe ordered
- Jayalalithaa makes public appearance, meets Governor: As it happened
- New IPL rules could see Chennai Super Kings lose MS Dhoni
- `Piku` hits jackpot, does Rs 100 crore business worldwide
- Anurag Kashyap to bid goodbye to India, settle in 'cinema-friendly' France!
- IPL 2015, Qualifier 2, Chennai Super Kings vs Royal Challengers Bangalore: Preview
- Geelani's passport application incomplete, cannot be processed: MEA
- Tamil Nadu SSLC Results 2015 on tnresults.nic.in