December 16 gang-rape case: IO denies fabricating
New Delhi: The trial in the December 16 gang-rape case on Monday resumed in a Delhi court after the summer vacation with the investigating officer (IO) rejecting the allegation that she had fabricated evidence.
"It is wrong to suggest that all the accused persons were falsely implicated in the present case," the lady IO, who had initially probed the case, told Additional Sessions Judge Yogesh Khanna.
The officer also refuted the allegation that accused Vinay Sharma was a juvenile at the time of the incident or that he had shown her the clippings of a musical function where he was allegedly present on December 16, 2012 night, when the 23-year-old girl was gang-raped by the six persons in a moving bus here.
The six accused have also brutally assaulted the victim`s male friend, a software engineer, with a iron rod and later dumped both of them on the road side.
"It is wrong to suggest that accused Vinay was juvenile at the time of the incident or that his parents told me so. It is wrong to suggest that Vinay ever showed me the clippings of a musical show in which he was present on the day of the incident," the officer told the court.
She also denied the allegation that accused Akshay Singh was falsely implicated in the case as he was not present in Delhi at the time of commission of the crime.
"It is wrong to suggest that accused Akshay Singh was not present inside the bus at the time of the incident or that he was not in Delhi on that day," she said in response to the cross-examination by the lawyers for Akshay and Vinay.
The lady IO also contended that after the incident, Akshay fled to his native village in Aurangabad in Bihar, from where he was arrested and bought to Delhi.
She further deposed in the court that she had not shown the photographs of Akshay to the complainant, the victim`s friend.
"It is wrong to suggest that I had not got the photographs of Akshay through my staff or that the said photograph were shown to the complainant before the test identification parade (TIP) of Akshay or that said photographs of accused were even shown to police officials involved in the investigation of this case," she said.
The officer also told the court that she had not planted the iron rods, which were allegedly used in the crime, nor had she added the blood of accused on the exhibits (clothes, rods etc) before sending them to the forensic laboratory.
"It is wrong to suggest the iron rods were planted by me or were not got recovered by accused Ram Singh (since deceased). It is wrong to suggest that I planted the blood on the exhibits before seizing them or before sending them to the Central Forensic Science Laboratory (CFSL)," she said.
She is the last prosecution witness in the case in which four persons --Vinay, Akshay, Pawan Gupta and Mukesh--are facing trial for allegedly gang-raping the paramedic student who succumbed to her injuries on December 29 last year at a Singapore hospital.
Ram Singh, the driver of the bus and also an accused, was found dead in Tihar jail in March and proceedings against him stand abated.
A juvenile is facing the inquiry before the juvenile justice board here.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Trump-Sharif conversation: Team Donald denies Pakistan's claims
- Hizbul commander Musa issues threats of attacks in new video
- 'Heart of Asia' Conference begins in Amritsar; Sartaj Aziz to pay a visit on Sunday
- Aware of Chinese submarine deployment at Balochistan's Gwadar port, says Navy chief
- Panel discussion over Mamata Banerjee's false allegations on Indian Army for political gains
- Gujarat businessman declares highest ever black money amount – Rs 13,000 crore!
- Army proves Mamata Banerjee wrong, releases letter showing West Bengal govt knew of exercise
- Rs 14,000 crore default case: Gujarat businessman detained, says money belongs to politicians, babus
- Manohar Parrikar exposes Mamata's attempt to politicise routine Army exercise in Kolkata
- Newly-wed couple Yuvraj Singh and Hazel Keech perform `bhangra` at Goa airport – Viral video