Delhi: 5-yr-old rape victim discharged from AIIMS
New Delhi: The five-year-old girl, who was abducted, brutalised and raped allegedly by two youth in east Delhi, was discharged from hospital after 23 days of treatment. She was discharged from AIIMS hospital where she was shifted on April 19, two days after she was brought to Swami Dayanand hospital.
"Her further surgery will be planned after two-three months. She is passing urine normally and is on semi-solid diet," AIIMS spokesperson Dr Y K Gupta said.
Widespread protests were witnessed across the national capital after the brutal assault in April, as people were infuriated over the alleged insensitivity of the Delhi Police in handling the case. The two accused were later arrested from Bihar.
They had allegedly abducted the minor in their house in east Delhi`s Gandhi Nagar on April 15 evening. She had contracted infection after foreign objects were inserted into her body.
The girl was rescued 40 hours after the incident from the building where her family also resides.
The victim, whom the doctors claimed was undernourished and weighing 20 kg, was shifted to AIIMS from Swami Dayanand Hospital for treatment after public protests.
She underwent a surgery at Swami Dayanand hospital for removing foreign objects from her body as well as in AIIMS.
The victim is being looked after by a team of experienced doctors, led by Dr Sandeep Agarwala from paediatric surgery.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Helicopter ferrying 6 pilgrims, woman pilot crashes near Katra
- Growing sense of despondency in India from last 6-8 months: Aamir Khan
- 8th Ramnath Goenka Awards: Sudhir Chaudhary awarded for Excellence in Journalism
- Tejashwi Yadav takes charge as Deputy CM of Bihar
- Arvind Kejriwal clarifies his friendly gesture with Lalu Prasad Yadav
- Karnataka, Madhya Pradesh bypoll results: As it happened on November 24
- Rahul's mails nail Peter Mukerjea's involvement in Sheena Bora murder case?
- Lesson for jihadi aspirants? ISIS says Indians not good enough as 6 out of 23 fighters from India are killed
- Aamir Khan feels intolerance growing in India, says his wife suggested moving out of India
- Helicopter crash kills six Vaishno Devi pilgrims, pilot near Katra; chopper service suspended