Delhi: 5-yr-old rape victim discharged from AIIMS
New Delhi: The five-year-old girl, who was abducted, brutalised and raped allegedly by two youth in east Delhi, was discharged from hospital after 23 days of treatment. She was discharged from AIIMS hospital where she was shifted on April 19, two days after she was brought to Swami Dayanand hospital.
"Her further surgery will be planned after two-three months. She is passing urine normally and is on semi-solid diet," AIIMS spokesperson Dr Y K Gupta said.
Widespread protests were witnessed across the national capital after the brutal assault in April, as people were infuriated over the alleged insensitivity of the Delhi Police in handling the case. The two accused were later arrested from Bihar.
They had allegedly abducted the minor in their house in east Delhi`s Gandhi Nagar on April 15 evening. She had contracted infection after foreign objects were inserted into her body.
The girl was rescued 40 hours after the incident from the building where her family also resides.
The victim, whom the doctors claimed was undernourished and weighing 20 kg, was shifted to AIIMS from Swami Dayanand Hospital for treatment after public protests.
She underwent a surgery at Swami Dayanand hospital for removing foreign objects from her body as well as in AIIMS.
The victim is being looked after by a team of experienced doctors, led by Dr Sandeep Agarwala from paediatric surgery.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Akhilesh-Rahul alliance be able to trump BJP in UP elections?
- Arms case: Salman Khan acquitted by Jodhpur court
- Raisina Dialogue 2017: Pakistan must walk away from terror, says PM Modi
- DNA: Analysis of insensitivity shown by political leaders over rising poverty in India
- Etah: School bus collides with truck, several children killed
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- IND vs ENG, 2nd ODI: Yuvraj Singh silences critics with 14th ODI hundred, fourth against England — WATCH
- Bengaluru pips Silicon Valley to become world's most dynamic city