Delhi: 5-yr-old rape victim discharged from AIIMS
New Delhi: The five-year-old girl, who was abducted, brutalised and raped allegedly by two youth in east Delhi, was discharged from hospital after 23 days of treatment. She was discharged from AIIMS hospital where she was shifted on April 19, two days after she was brought to Swami Dayanand hospital.
"Her further surgery will be planned after two-three months. She is passing urine normally and is on semi-solid diet," AIIMS spokesperson Dr Y K Gupta said.
Widespread protests were witnessed across the national capital after the brutal assault in April, as people were infuriated over the alleged insensitivity of the Delhi Police in handling the case. The two accused were later arrested from Bihar.
They had allegedly abducted the minor in their house in east Delhi`s Gandhi Nagar on April 15 evening. She had contracted infection after foreign objects were inserted into her body.
The girl was rescued 40 hours after the incident from the building where her family also resides.
The victim, whom the doctors claimed was undernourished and weighing 20 kg, was shifted to AIIMS from Swami Dayanand Hospital for treatment after public protests.
She underwent a surgery at Swami Dayanand hospital for removing foreign objects from her body as well as in AIIMS.
The victim is being looked after by a team of experienced doctors, led by Dr Sandeep Agarwala from paediatric surgery.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- Pawan, a BE student develops smart dustbin -Watch
- DNA: Manish Sisodia faces CBI probe over alleged irregularities in 'Talk To AK' programme
- Barack Obama thanks Americans for making him a 'better man'
- Is there no respect for Congress in UP politics?
- Accused of Muslim-bias on visa applications, Sushma Swaraj hits back
- 7th Pay Commission: Central govt employees expect Committee on Allowances report in February
- Cuttack ODI: Umpire Kumar Dharmasena messes up DRS review, twitter couldn't stop trolling
- Donald Trump's Inauguration Day: As it happened
- Yuvraj Singh's wife Hazel Keech suggests new middle name for hubby Yuvi following Cuttack heroics