Delhi: 74 women rescued from GB Road
New Delhi: 58 women and 16 girls were on Monday
rescued by a joint team of Andhra Pradesh and Delhi police
during a raid in the capital`s red-light area GB Road.
The raid was conducted based on a complaint that a group
of women from Andhra Pradesh were forcibly confined in
brothels in the area.
"An FIR was registered by the Andhra Pradesh police in
July last year. The FIR was based on a complaint of a girl who
ran away from GB Road. She had disclosed to them that there
are other women who are forcibly kept at the red-light area,"
Additional Commissioner of Police (Central District), DC
According to police, among the 74 females, which include
16 minors, 15 are from Andhra Pradesh and the rest belong to
states such as Maharashtra, West Bengal and Madhya Pradesh.
The Andhra Pradesh police team will be taking back the
women from their state, who were forcibly confined at GB Road,
officials said, adding no arrests have been made so far.
The minor girls will be produced before the Child Welfare
Committee (CWC), they said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- How will Sonowal's govt solve problem of illegal Bangladeshi migration in Assam?
- How will Sonowal's govt solve the problem of illegal Bangladeshi migration in Assam - Part II
- How will Sonowal's govt solve the problem of illegal Bangladeshi migration in Assam? - Part III
- How will Sonowal's govt solve the problem of illegal Bangladeshi migration in Assam? - Part IV
- Batla House encounter: Congress under scrutiny as new IS video emerges
- Summer special: Fashion trends to watch out for
- Facebook blocks pic of plus-size model Tess Holliday, apologises later
- Brazilian research proves Aedes aegypti mosquito as source of Zika virus!
- 'Nokia could cut 10,000-15,000 jobs worldwide'
- Manipur HSLC exam result 2016: Manipur Board Class 10 result to be declared shortly, check manresult.nic.in for Manipur Class X result 2016