Delhi BJP to hold demo against AAP tomorrow
New Delhi: Delhi BJP will hold a massive demonstration against Aam Aadmi Party tomorrow with several party leaders including Sushma Swaraj expected to address the gathering, its chief Vijay Goel said on Monday.
In a statement issued here, the Delhi BJP President said tomorrow`s protest will mark the launching of party`s campaign against AAP`s "doublespeak and Maoist policies" and will be followed by demonstrations in all 28 assembly constituencies of Delhi from where AAP MLAs got elected.
Leader of Opposition in Lok Sabha Sushma Swaraj will address the BJP cadres tomorrow on this occasion, he said.
"All the promises made by AAP have remained on paper. During 49 days rule of AAP, there was complete anarchy in the city. Now, AAP is trying to falsely claim the achievements which were never there," said Goel.
Goel also slammed the Union Finance Minister P Chidambaram for presenting an interim budget which was nothing but sheer "jugglery of numbers".
"During the last 10 years of UPA rule, Indian economy has been in shambles, unemployment is rising and inflation is completely out of control. The interim budget presented today is another fiasco," alleged Goel.
Goel further said that there are no concrete measures announced to bring transparency in implementation of the public welfare schemes.
"It is clear that Congress led UPA has continued with its anti-people policies in the current budget. The fact is that the new government which will take over after Lok Sabha 2014 elections will be facing an uphill task of retrieving the economic situation as UPA government has ruined the fundamentals of the economy.
"This is in stark contrast to the NDA rule. When UPA took over from us in 2004, the growth rate was 8.4 per cent and today when NDA is all set to come into power at the Centre, the economy is tottering at 4.8 per cent," Goel lash out.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Jayalalithaa's last rites performed by her close friend and aide Sasikala Natarajan
- Jayalalithaa's funeral procession: Sea of mourners gather to pay last respects
- Panel discussion over continuous chaos in Parliament on demonetisation
- Watch: Jayalalithaa's last rites performed by her close friend and aide Sasikala Natarajan - Part II
- DNA: Know why Jayalalithaa was buried and not cremated
- Twitter users blast Arvind Kejriwal as he says 'Modi will never appoint a Muslim Vice President no matter what Jung does'
- RBI to issue new Rs 100 banknotes, old notes to continue as legal tender
- Airtel’s free 4G internet offer may be a ploy to steal your data
- Kapil Sharma renews contract, his latest fee will make your jaw drop!
- Pakistan International Airlines plane from Chitral to Islamabad crashes near Havelian, 48 people dead