Delhi businessman robbed of Rs 22 lakh
New Delhi: Unidentified persons wearing
dress similar to that of traffic police today waylaid a
businessman in north-west Delhi and snatched Rs 22 lakh from
him at gunpoint, police said on Wednesday.
Akshay Aggarwal, owner of a mobile phone shop in Karol
Bagh and a resident of Multan Nagar in Paschim Vihar, came out
of his car and was walking towards a Punjab National Bank
branch at around 1145am.
Two men wearing white shirt and blue trousers and
riding a motorcycle first waylaid Aggarwal at Prem Vari bridge
in the area and when he came out of the car before they were
joined by more persons on motorcycles.
"They snatched the cash bag containing Rs 22 lakh at
gunpoint," Deputy Commissioner of Police (North-West) N S
Asked whether the snatchers were wearing police
uniforms, Bundela said two of the snatchers were wearing dress
similar to that of traffic police.
"Aggarwal stopped the car thinking that they were
traffic police. But he is not sure whether they wore like that
of badges of police," Bundeal said. The official said they have zeroed in on two more people allegedly involved in the incident.
"We suspect that Vaibhav came in wrong company. We also
suspect that they were trying to kidnap the businessman for
ransom," the official said.
A case of kidnapping has been registered.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Heat ave continues in India, death toll climbs to over 1,400
- Megastar Amitabh Bachchan slapped with Rs 1 crore notice
- Kenyan lawyer offers to marry Barack Obama's daughter Malia
- 4 Indians in Forbes' 100 most powerful women list
- Gujjar stir: HC asks Rajasthan govt to clear rail track, roads
- Maggi likely to face ban in India!
- Salman Khan accident files burnt in Mantralaya fire
- AIB: The 'Third Gender's right to dignity'
- Gujjar stir: HC asks Rajasthan govt to clear rail track, roads- Part II
- TERI panel finds RK Pachauri guilty in sexual harassment case
- Rajasthan: High Court raps Chief Secy, DGP for failing to end Gujjar agitation
- Erstwhile Mysuru kingdom gets new king
- Priyanka, Ranveer talk about their film 'Dil Dhadakne Do'
- Former Bihar CM Jitan Ram Manjhi meets PM Modi
- Meet 92-year-old Phyllis Sues who dances toTango
- CBSE Class 10 (Class X Board) Result 2015 on cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in at 2 pm
- Sonia Gandhi 'unconstitutional authority' during UPA: PM Narendra Modi
- Hours after attacking NDA govt, Manmohan Singh meets PM Narendra Modi
- Check cbseresults.nic.in, cbse.in for CBSE Class 10 X Board Result at 2 pm
- GUJCET Results 2015 declared on gseb.org
- Centre moves SC against Delhi HC order on LG's powers; hearing on Friday
- Pakistan break Team India's long-standing ODI record at home soil
- Gujjar agitation: Centre sending additional forces to vacate rail tracks, say sources
- Rahul Gandhi takes another dig at NDA govt, says Manmohan gave lessons on economy to PM Modi
- Log on to cbseresults.nic.in, cbse.nic.in at 2 pm for Class 10th Result 2015
- Former Bihar CM Jitan Ram Manjhi meets PM Modi, triggers tie-up speculation
- WBCHSE (wbchse.nic.in & wbresults.nic.in): West Bengal Class 12th Result to be declared on May 29
- Gujarat Board Results 2015: Gujarat Board HSC class 12th science results to be declared today at 9 AM on gseb.org
- CBSE (cbseresults.nic.in, cbse.nic.in) Class 10th (X Board) Result 2015 declared
- Watch: Dance guru Prabhudheva's mind-blowing act in 'Happy Hour' from 'ABCD2'!