Delhi CM Arvind Kejriwal plans weekly, area-wise tours to hear grievances
New Delhi: Scrapping the plan of holding weekly public grievance hearings, Chief Minister Arvind Kejriwal on Monday said he would instead visit different parts of the city every Saturday to meet Delhiites over their problems.
The above decision comes in the wake of the chaos witnessed for the first `janta darbar`, which was organised last Saturday outside Delhi Secretariat.
Kejriwal had to leave the venue midway as hundreds of Delhiites jostled with each other to register their grievances. The chief minister had been present for Saturday`s audience with the people along with his ministers.
"People do not need to come to the Secretariat over their grievances. Rather, I will visit different parts of the city every Saturday to listen to people`s problems," Kejriwal told reporters here.
He added that his government would take steps to open new channels for the people to register their complaints.
"We are enhancing the online grievance redressal system which already exists. Through this system, people can register grievances sitting at home. From our side, we will ensure that timely action is taken.
"We also plan to set up a call centre. Those who cannot write to us can call on the helpline number and their grievances will be noted down. Besides, people can also send us complaints via post and we will also put up a help box at the Secretariat," Kejriwal said.
He added that the chief secretary was installing a video- conferencing system which would link public officials to the chief minister`s office.
"With this technology, I can interact with the officers at any time and can even talk to the complainants visiting public grievance officers. It will also make officers attentive given that they are being constantly being monitored," he added.
Further, Kejriwal said that for the convenience of the general public, a weekday would be fixed for various government departments on which people would be allowed to meet officials and register complaints.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Delhi: Taxi driver dies as BMW rams into car near IIT
- Train accident in Andhra Pradesh leaves many people dead
- UP Assembly Elections: Akhilesh Yadav releases party's manifesto
- When will democracy get freedom from dynasty politics?
- UP elections: Rajnath Singh's Son, Rita Bahuguna Joshi in BJP second list of candidates
- Jallikattu stir: As it happened on Monday
- Naresh Agrawal breaks silence on leaving Akhilesh Yadav-led Samajwadi Party and joining BJP
- India vs England, 3rd ODI: MS Dhoni felicitated at Eden Gardens — VIDEOS INSIDE
- International Space Station – When, where and how to spot ISS
- Flying Jadeja: MS Dhoni, Virat Kohli floored by Ravindra Jadeja's brilliant fielding effort – WATCH