Delhi CM-Chidambaram discuss security after blast
New Delhi: Chief Minister Sheila Dikshit
on Wednesday discussed the security situation in the city with Home
Minister P Chidambaram in the wake of the blast at Delhi High
Court in which 11 people lost their lives even as she appealed
to the people not to panic.
In the meeting, Dikshit expressed her concern over the
loopholes in security system and requested the Home Minister
to take the necessary steps so that similar incidents do not
occur in future, sources said.
The Home Minister told her that all appropriate steps are
being taken to strengthen the security mechanism, they said.
"We will do whatever we need to do so that this kind of
incident does not take place in future," she said while
appealing to people not to panic following the blast in which
76 people were also injured.
"I want to say that people should not panic. It is a very
tragic incident. Everybody should condemn it. It is a very sad
incident and our heart goes to the families of the deceased
and the injured," she said.
Stressing on enhancing security, Dikshit said the Home
Ministry has already tasked the National Investigation Agency
to probe the blast and based on the inquiry report, corrective
measures will be taken.
"They (Home Ministry) have set up an inquiry. Once the
the probe team comes out with its report, then we will know
where the mistake was..whether checking was absent or what was
lacking in the system," Dikshit said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak - Part II
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor
- Govt calls meet on Indus Water Treaty; Water Resources Ministry, MEA to brief PM Modi
- Delhi government bans Chinese firecrackers for this Diwali