Delhi court frames charges against 7 for plotting to kill advocate
New Delhi: A court on Thursday framed charges
against seven suspected members of Chhota Shakeel gang for
allegedly entering into a criminal conspiracy to eliminate a
senior Delhi High Court advocate for representing BJP MP Varun
Gandhi in a `hate speech` case.
Additional Sessions Judge Bimla Kumari found prima facie
sufficient evidence to order trial of Baldish, Dilshad,
Nafisul Hasan, Sajid, Ram Shankar, Mirza Mukhtar and Pintoo
Mandal under various provisions of the Indian Penal Code.
Among the accused, Nafisul, Ram Shankar and Mirza Mukhtar
were also charged with other offences including attempt to
murder and obstructing public servants from discharge of their
duties for allegedly attacking a police team of Delhi Police`s
Special Cell at the time of their arrest in July last.
Baldish, Nafisul and Ram Shankar, who allegedly obtained
SIM cards on fake identity, were also charged with forgery.
Dilshad, Ram Shankar, Nafisul and Pintoo were also
charged with the provisions of the Arms Act as they were
allegedly found in possession of pistols and live cartridges.
According to the police, the accused allegedly wanted to
kill senior advocate Siddharth Luthara at the instance of
underworld don Chhota Shakeel because the lawyer represented
Gandhi after he was arrested under the National Security Act
by the Uttar Pradesh government for making a communal speech
in a public meeting during an election rally.
All the accused allegedly conspired for the purpose
between mid June and July five, last year.
As many as seven accused pleaded not guilty to the
charges and expressed their readiness to face trial in the
One Mohinder was, however, discharged by the court due to
lack of sufficient evidence.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of decision to name Aurangzeb Road after Dr. Abdul Kalam - Part III
- DNA: Analyzing Geeta Press' baseless accusations against Zee News - Part II
- Govt should stop discrimination against Muslims: Hamid Ansari
- DNA: How terrorists are trained by Pakistan Navy with help of ISI
- Indrani can do anything for money: Siddharth Das
- I am still single, says Hrithik Roshan
- Bharat bandh: Nation braces for country-wide strike on Wednesday
- Exclusive: I am father of Sheena, Mikhail, but never married Indrani Mukerjea, says Siddharth Das
- Sheena Bora murder case: Indrani Mukerjea charged with poisoning son Mikhail
- Former Pakistani spinner Arshad Khan now a taxi driver in Sydney!