Delhi court sends Miraj Hussain to 10 days police custody
New Delhi: A court here on Wednesday sent Miraj
Hussain, an associate of Uttar Pradesh gangster Munna
Bajrangi, to police custody for 10 days.
Additional Chief Metropolitan Magistrate Dig Vinay
Singh sent Miraj, who was arrested from Varanasi by the Delhi
police, to police custody for interrogation till November 14.
A special team of Delhi police arrested Miraj on the
basis of disclosure made by Bajrangi during interrogation and
records of intercepted phone calls allegedly made by him for
extorting money from a Delhi-based businessman.
Miraj was allegedly looking after Bajrangi gang`s
extortion racket in Varanasi.
Bajrangi, an aide of Uttar Pradesh politician Mukhtar
Ansari, was arrested by a joint team of Delhi Police`s Special
Cell and Uttar Pradesh Police on October 29 this year in
connection with the murder of BJP MLA from Uttar Pradesh
Krishnanand Rai in 2004 in Mumbai.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Akhilesh-Rahul alliance be able to trump BJP in UP elections?
- Arms case: Salman Khan acquitted by Jodhpur court
- Raisina Dialogue 2017: Pakistan must walk away from terror, says PM Modi
- DNA: Analysis of insensitivity shown by political leaders over rising poverty in India
- Valour of a soldier: CRPF officer Satwant Singh fights Naxals till his last breath
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- China's NSG stand is neither fair nor transparent, says Defence Expert
- Virat Kohli's 'shot of the year' already has a big challenger – See video to believe!