Delhi court sends Miraj Hussain to 10 days police custody
New Delhi: A court here on Wednesday sent Miraj
Hussain, an associate of Uttar Pradesh gangster Munna
Bajrangi, to police custody for 10 days.
Additional Chief Metropolitan Magistrate Dig Vinay
Singh sent Miraj, who was arrested from Varanasi by the Delhi
police, to police custody for interrogation till November 14.
A special team of Delhi police arrested Miraj on the
basis of disclosure made by Bajrangi during interrogation and
records of intercepted phone calls allegedly made by him for
extorting money from a Delhi-based businessman.
Miraj was allegedly looking after Bajrangi gang`s
extortion racket in Varanasi.
Bajrangi, an aide of Uttar Pradesh politician Mukhtar
Ansari, was arrested by a joint team of Delhi Police`s Special
Cell and Uttar Pradesh Police on October 29 this year in
connection with the murder of BJP MLA from Uttar Pradesh
Krishnanand Rai in 2004 in Mumbai.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Pakistan's brutality exposed; `Black Day` protesters thrashed in PoK - Video goes viral
- Pakistan High Commission staffer, briefly detained for espionage, asked to leave India in 48 hours
- National Geographic's famed ''Afghan Girl'' arrested in Pakistan for forgery
- Pakistan declares Indian High Commission official persona non grata, asks him to leave country
- Hrithik Roshan, Yami Gautam's 'Kaabil' trailer shocks Rakesh Roshan