Delhi court sends Miraj Hussain to 10 days police custody
New Delhi: A court here on Wednesday sent Miraj
Hussain, an associate of Uttar Pradesh gangster Munna
Bajrangi, to police custody for 10 days.
Additional Chief Metropolitan Magistrate Dig Vinay
Singh sent Miraj, who was arrested from Varanasi by the Delhi
police, to police custody for interrogation till November 14.
A special team of Delhi police arrested Miraj on the
basis of disclosure made by Bajrangi during interrogation and
records of intercepted phone calls allegedly made by him for
extorting money from a Delhi-based businessman.
Miraj was allegedly looking after Bajrangi gang`s
extortion racket in Varanasi.
Bajrangi, an aide of Uttar Pradesh politician Mukhtar
Ansari, was arrested by a joint team of Delhi Police`s Special
Cell and Uttar Pradesh Police on October 29 this year in
connection with the murder of BJP MLA from Uttar Pradesh
Krishnanand Rai in 2004 in Mumbai.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of terror attacks in Baramulla and Kupwara
- DNA: Farooq Abdullah insults national anthem, talks on phone
- Should IAS officers express their opinion on social media platform?
- Should IAS officers express their opinion on social media platform?- Part II
- Should IAS officers express their opinion on social media platform?- Part III
- World's 60 million refugees need 2.78 mn surgeries a year
- PM Modi congratulates Mamata on her second innings as West Bengal CM
- Scientists discover new way to kill cancer cells
- Randeep Hooda-Aishwarya Rai Bachchan's 'Sarbjit' mints Rs 22.09 cr at Box Office!
- 2016 Rio Olympics: Sushil Kumar vs Narsingh Yadav – No final decision yet, Delhi HC defers hearing to May 30