Delhi court sends Miraj Hussain to 10 days police custody
New Delhi: A court here on Wednesday sent Miraj
Hussain, an associate of Uttar Pradesh gangster Munna
Bajrangi, to police custody for 10 days.
Additional Chief Metropolitan Magistrate Dig Vinay
Singh sent Miraj, who was arrested from Varanasi by the Delhi
police, to police custody for interrogation till November 14.
A special team of Delhi police arrested Miraj on the
basis of disclosure made by Bajrangi during interrogation and
records of intercepted phone calls allegedly made by him for
extorting money from a Delhi-based businessman.
Miraj was allegedly looking after Bajrangi gang`s
extortion racket in Varanasi.
Bajrangi, an aide of Uttar Pradesh politician Mukhtar
Ansari, was arrested by a joint team of Delhi Police`s Special
Cell and Uttar Pradesh Police on October 29 this year in
connection with the murder of BJP MLA from Uttar Pradesh
Krishnanand Rai in 2004 in Mumbai.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - Huge fire breaks out at petrol pump in Kota, Rajasthan
- NSG now 'nine times' stronger; receives technological strength from 12 countries!
- Bihar: Congress leader Brajesh Pandey accused of running sex racket
- BJP MP Yogi Adityanath compares Akhilesh Yadav with 'Aurangzeb' and 'Kans'
- Acrimonious remarks of political leaders during UP elections
- Reliance Jio's tariff plan from April 1; voice calls, roaming to be free: Mukesh Ambani
- 7th Pay Commission: Allowances committee raises HRA to 30%?
- Virat Kohli thanks sprint legend Usain Bolt for congratulating him on 'record' Puma deal
- BMC exit poll: BJP predicted to score big in neck-and-neck battle with Shiv Sena
- IPL 2017 Auction: Reaction-filled Twitter erupts with emotions!