Delhi court sends Miraj Hussain to 10 days police custody
New Delhi: A court here on Wednesday sent Miraj
Hussain, an associate of Uttar Pradesh gangster Munna
Bajrangi, to police custody for 10 days.
Additional Chief Metropolitan Magistrate Dig Vinay
Singh sent Miraj, who was arrested from Varanasi by the Delhi
police, to police custody for interrogation till November 14.
A special team of Delhi police arrested Miraj on the
basis of disclosure made by Bajrangi during interrogation and
records of intercepted phone calls allegedly made by him for
extorting money from a Delhi-based businessman.
Miraj was allegedly looking after Bajrangi gang`s
extortion racket in Varanasi.
Bajrangi, an aide of Uttar Pradesh politician Mukhtar
Ansari, was arrested by a joint team of Delhi Police`s Special
Cell and Uttar Pradesh Police on October 29 this year in
connection with the murder of BJP MLA from Uttar Pradesh
Krishnanand Rai in 2004 in Mumbai.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Exclusive: Chat with 'Jazbaa' stars Aishwarya Rai and Irrfan Khan!
- Delhi government to add environment tax in electricity bill
- AAP govt suggests four-fold hike in MLAs salaries
- DNA: Indian Army's 'Phantom Guns’ to defend border with Pakistan
- Shaheed Express train's freight coach catches fire on Ludhiana railway station
- India vs South Africa 2015: 3rd T20I - Preview
- Modi govt turns down IAF's request for more foreign fighter planes, pushes for Made-in-India Tejas
- Indrani Mukerjea back in jail; claims did not take pills, was upset because of mother's death
- Unbelievable! Crops destroyed for Congress vice president Rahul Gandhi's rally in Karnataka
- Asaduddin Owaisi's brother Akbaruddin in trouble over poll speech, arrest warrant issued