Delhi gang-rape: Court recommends compensation for girl`s family
New Delhi: The Delhi court on Friday recommended that the family of the December 16 gang-rape and murder case be adequately compensated.
"I recommend that appropriate compensation, under section 357A CrPC be awarded to the legal heirs of the prosecutrix (girl)," Additional Sessions Judge Yogesh Khanna said.
The court directed that a copy of his order be sent to the Secretary, Delhi Legal Service Authority for deciding the quantum of compensation to be awarded.
The girl, a 23-year-old paramedic student, came from a modest family and her father had to sell his land in his native village in Uttar Pradesh to support her education.
The court provided for compensation to be given to the girl`s family, while concluding his 20-page order awarding death penalty to four convicts -- Mukesh, Vinay, Pawan and Akshay.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Narendra Modi's speech at Heart of Asia conference
- Like SAARC, should India boycott Pak in Heart of Asia conference?
- India-Afghanistan thrash Pakistan over terrorism issue in Heart of Asia conference
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa suffers cardiac arrest; being monitored
- Watch: PM Modi addresses rally in Moradabad, UP - Part II
- Rs 14,000 crore default case: Gujarat businessman detained, says money belongs to politicians, babus
- Fake or Real? 'Alien animal' caught on Karnataka-Kerala border
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition continues to remain critical after suffering cardiac arrest
- People want to know whether Jayalalithaa is alive or not; PM Narendra Modi must intervene, says expelled AIADMK MP Sasikala Pushpa
- Jayalalithaa's health condition: Amma critical, nation's political fraternity expresses concern - Who said what