Delhi gang-rape: Court recommends compensation for girl`s family
New Delhi: The Delhi court on Friday recommended that the family of the December 16 gang-rape and murder case be adequately compensated.
"I recommend that appropriate compensation, under section 357A CrPC be awarded to the legal heirs of the prosecutrix (girl)," Additional Sessions Judge Yogesh Khanna said.
The court directed that a copy of his order be sent to the Secretary, Delhi Legal Service Authority for deciding the quantum of compensation to be awarded.
The girl, a 23-year-old paramedic student, came from a modest family and her father had to sell his land in his native village in Uttar Pradesh to support her education.
The court provided for compensation to be given to the girl`s family, while concluding his 20-page order awarding death penalty to four convicts -- Mukesh, Vinay, Pawan and Akshay.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Exclusive: Chat with 'Jazbaa' stars Aishwarya Rai and Irrfan Khan!
- Delhi government to add environment tax in electricity bill
- AAP govt suggests four-fold hike in MLAs salaries
- DNA: Indian Army's 'Phantom Guns’ to defend border with Pakistan
- Shaheed Express train's freight coach catches fire on Ludhiana railway station
- India vs South Africa 2015: 3rd T20I - Preview
- Modi govt turns down IAF's request for more foreign fighter planes, pushes for Made-in-India Tejas
- Indrani Mukerjea back in jail; claims did not take pills, was upset because of mother's death
- Unbelievable! Crops destroyed for Congress vice president Rahul Gandhi's rally in Karnataka
- Asaduddin Owaisi's brother Akbaruddin in trouble over poll speech, arrest warrant issued