Delhi gang-rape: Court recommends compensation for girl`s family
New Delhi: The Delhi court on Friday recommended that the family of the December 16 gang-rape and murder case be adequately compensated.
"I recommend that appropriate compensation, under section 357A CrPC be awarded to the legal heirs of the prosecutrix (girl)," Additional Sessions Judge Yogesh Khanna said.
The court directed that a copy of his order be sent to the Secretary, Delhi Legal Service Authority for deciding the quantum of compensation to be awarded.
The girl, a 23-year-old paramedic student, came from a modest family and her father had to sell his land in his native village in Uttar Pradesh to support her education.
The court provided for compensation to be given to the girl`s family, while concluding his 20-page order awarding death penalty to four convicts -- Mukesh, Vinay, Pawan and Akshay.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Admissions 2015: Know India's best ranking Universities
- Zee Media Exclusive interview with UPSC topper Ira Singhal's family
- UPSC announces Civil Services Examination 2014 results
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Is Corporate Social Responsibility nothing but a marketing gimmick?
- Watch: Top 25 Headlines @ 12 pm
- UPSC announces Civil Services Examination 2014 results; women bag top four positions
- 3rd Test, Day 2: Sri Lanka rattle Pakistan in decider
- Met Dawood Ibrahim in London, he wanted to return to India: Ram Jethmalani
- Dawood Ibrahim's surrender offer rejected due to a 'condition', clarifies Sharad Pawar
- Vyapam scam: MP medical college dean found dead in hotel, body sent for post-mortem