Delhi gang-rape: Court recommends compensation for girl`s family
New Delhi: The Delhi court on Friday recommended that the family of the December 16 gang-rape and murder case be adequately compensated.
"I recommend that appropriate compensation, under section 357A CrPC be awarded to the legal heirs of the prosecutrix (girl)," Additional Sessions Judge Yogesh Khanna said.
The court directed that a copy of his order be sent to the Secretary, Delhi Legal Service Authority for deciding the quantum of compensation to be awarded.
The girl, a 23-year-old paramedic student, came from a modest family and her father had to sell his land in his native village in Uttar Pradesh to support her education.
The court provided for compensation to be given to the girl`s family, while concluding his 20-page order awarding death penalty to four convicts -- Mukesh, Vinay, Pawan and Akshay.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Heart-wrenching reality of Kashmiri pandits
- DNA: Bengaluru's Mount Carmel college students show country's ideology to Rahul Gandhi
- DNA: Aamir Khan clarifies his love towards nation but sticks to previous statement
- Panel discussion on Aamir Khan's ignorance on Kashmiri Pandits
- DNA: Exiled Kashmiri Pandits share their heart wrenching stories
- Eat smart to slow down ageing and increase longevity!
- Woman commits suicide after heated discussion with husband over Aamir Khan's intolerance remark
- Intolerance issue: Those attacking me are only proving my point, says Aamir Khan – Read full statement
- Delhi gang-rape: Show juvenile rapist's face to the world, demand Nirbhaya's parents
- Setback to Kejriwal-led AAP as MLA Akhilesh Tripathi arrested in riot case